+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to start a petition. Please provide Input!

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
Op,good job!

This is what we need to do than lamenting over the issue.

I bet you they will do something about it. My gut tells me they are unaware of these loopholes.

I'm so in baby!

notsodarkblue

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
31-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
I am in.

I was thinking of calling his office, could we do that too?

How do we present the petition, email it to him?

Should we alert the media about this?

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
The answer is simple, protecting jobs for Canadians. You were granted a temporary permit to work, at the end of which you're expected to leave. Canadian Citizens and PRs take priority, so unless your employer can prove that they can't find a suitable Canadian, you don't get an LMIA and you don't get the additional points.

You can still obtain PR but you have to wait until your profile is drawn.
That was the whole point of the CEC. It's being seriously undermined by EE epecially if you are on a work permit which does not require an LMIA.

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to chime in and mention that not only open work permit holders are affected by Express Entry's 600 points for arranged employment with LMIA. Foreign workers who come from certain countries that have an international agreement with Canada are also exempt from LMIAs. Myself, for example, I come from Mexico and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) which is supposed to "ease entry" into Canada to professionals from Mexico and the US says I don't need a LMIA to work here. But now that supposed "advantage" that I had (and didn't ask for; my employer would have gotten a LMIA for me if I was from another country) has turned into a major disadvantage. All of my co-workers were hired about the same time as myself, but the difference is they all have LMIAs and will get 600 points for arranged employment if they apply to EE but I'm not just because they come from Europe (which is kind of racist eh?). Please think about mentioning this too in your petition.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
I am in.
We may ask to consider complete families who are already here, and settling very good in the canadian culture. Does it make sense?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
pziegler1986 said:
That was the whole point of the CEC. It's being seriously undermined by EE epecially if you are on a work permit which does not require an LMIA.
Why is it undermined? They are prioritizing people with LMIAs because that demonstrates there is a need for their skills. You can still immigrate through CEC without an LMIA but you are behind LMIA-holders in the queue.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK. This is simply stupid. I understand the concern but atleast wait for a couple of draws. There is a reason there is still a CEC class. It was the first pick that is all. They only picked 779 people. Why such an odd number? Maybe that was all the LMIA applicants there were, maybe the next draw they will do their first proper pick.

The only people who should be panicking are people who have their PGWP expiring soon.

Do not start a petition prematurely and blow this out of proportion.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
praneet87 said:
OK. This is simply stupid. I understand the concern but atleast wait for a couple of draws. There is a reason there is still a CEC class. It was the first pick that is all. They only picked 779 people. Why such an odd number? Maybe that was all the LMIA applicants there were, maybe the next draw they will do their first proper pick.

The only people who should be panicking are people who have their PGWP expiring soon.

some people dont have that much time to wait and watch

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I am also thinking that they have something in their plate for CEC, otherwise it does not make sense to have CEC stream in EE. There must be something. My PGWP also expires in August 2015 so I am in rush to understand the mess

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praneet87 said:

We can't just wait for a couple of draws! Especially, when we don't even have a clue when those draws are going to take place. Many of us have a WP that's about to expire in 2-6 months. Now, what are we supposed to do? It's not easy to get a job anywhere in the world and bills keep coming every month. Like I said, this uncertainty gives me headaches and I can't sleep at nights. Should I start looking for a job in my homecountry now or what? Many of us just need more information on this, otherwise it's s torture.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Guys I talked to some lawyers, and it would be stupid to jump on a petition at this point. It is better to wait for the next draw; otherwise it would end up as an egg on our face. Let's not rush. Wait for a month; before starting any petition. Petition is not going to gain steam otherwise; it will just be answered as ironing out the problems in first phase. Which will be a non-answer. So wait out a month please.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Guys I talked to some lawyers, and it would be stupid to jump on a petition at this point. It is better to wait for the next draw; otherwise it would end up as an egg on our face. Let's not rush. Wait for a month; before starting any petition. Petition is not going to gain steam otherwise; it will just be answered as ironing out the problems in first face. Which will be a non-answer. So wait out a month please.
I think you should know how much time and effort it takes to move from one country to another permanently. Many of us have lives in Canada. It's not like ok maybe next time I'll be luckier, oh maybe next time then. Ok, no.. guess I should pack my stuff and go home, sorry boss. Like even a plane ticket needs to be booked a good couple of months before, otherwise it would cost a fortune. And at this point none even knows when the next draw is going to be. :( I'm freaking out cause my WP expires in 3.5 months.