+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to start a petition. Please provide Input!

newcec

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi all,

I am planning to start a petition to Chris Alexander to look into this issue ASAP. Please provide your input in a paragraph form so that I can update my petition. I am planning to get this petition work done by Thursday and will share the link here.

I just want to the CIC realize that OPEN Work Permit holder do not need to have a LMIA.

Also, please do not say that nothing will happen by doing this. "Change will only happen if you take part in the change process"

i have the following three points that I want to focus on:

Why I have to create a Job Bank profile even though I have a full time job?
Why I did not get points for my Canadian work Experience/ or why I only got 40 points out of 600?
Why I did not get CRS-Arranged Employment points since I already have a full time job?
Why ignore some one who is here for 3-4 years and contributed to the economy than people who are here temporarily or have not set a foot in Canada?

Thanks, Counting on fellow students.

Remember, this will also help the upcoming students, who could be your friend or family!

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
newcec said:
Hi all,

I am planning to start a petition to Chris Alexander to look into this issue ASAP. Please provide your input in a paragraph form so that I can update my petition. I am planning to get this petition work done by Thursday and will share the link here.

I just want to the CIC realize that OPEN Work Permit holder do not need to have a LMIA.

Also, please do not say that nothing will happen by doing this. "Change will only happen if you take part in the change process"

Why I did not get points for my Canadian work Experience/ or why I only got 40 points out of 600?
Why I did not get CRS-Arranged Employment points since I already have a full time job?
Why ignore some one who is here for 3-4 years and contributed to the economy than people who are here temporarily or have not set a foot in Canada?

Remember, this will also help the upcoming students, who could be your friend or family!
The answer is simple, protecting jobs for Canadians. You were granted a temporary permit to work, at the end of which you're expected to leave. Canadian Citizens and PRs take priority, so unless your employer can prove that they can't find a suitable Canadian, you don't get an LMIA and you don't get the additional points.

You can still obtain PR but you have to wait until your profile is drawn.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
i wanted to start a petition on change.org too but need someone with good english ability to write a good letter explaining our situation.

newcec

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
My work require me to write a lot of formal business documents. I will take care of writing part. Just need thoughts from all the people.

Cheers!

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
newcec said:
Hi all,

+1

atleast we can try....

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
our employers hired us because they didnt want to go through the difficult LMIA process. Secondly now employers will just hire us till our PGWP expires and then let us go and hire someone new. This is not helping canadian get job howeer it is promoting extroversion by employers. I have a job in skilled catgory but when my employer gave me the job they asked me specifically if i would need sponsorship in future at that time i said no who knew at that time it would become such an issue.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
even though LMIA holder number is going down PNP number will stay constant and will always boost the CRS. this is just my speculation

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of the PNPs are based on having full time jobs and/or education within their respective provinces, moreover they have a limited number of nominees to issue every year.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Contacting the Immigration Minister and letting him know our concerns respectfully , tho...
i think that's a good idea.
Atleast he nows whats going on with us. May be that changes something

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcec said:
Hi all,

Looks good. Thanks!!

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
Contacting the Immigration Minister and letting him know our concerns respectfully , tho...
i think that's a good idea.
Atleast he nows whats going on with us. May be that changes something
um... he knows. he approved it.

Big_Boy

Aug 31, 2014
newcec said:
Hi all,

Count me in :D