+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to sponsor wife, require help please

canada 4 all

Mar 25, 2011
I have got Canada's PR under the skilled workers category.I will land in canada very soon. I also want to marry in India after having PR card. I want to sponsor my wife. Can anyone please answer the following questions:
1. How much money I have to show? I have heard that I have to show the Government I have enough income. But how much?

2.How long the sponsorship of wife will take?

3. Where shall I submit the application form?

Any expert e.g. PMM, Qorax, Leon, Matties or anyone please reply.

Many thanks.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

As per my knowledge there is no specified amount you have to show to sponsor your spouse. If you have an income in Canada from job, whether it is full time or part time, that would be better. At the time of sponsoring you should have a job income and should not receive any welfare allowance from the government.

Governmental processing fees may vary between CAD$ 1,040 and CAD$ 1,290 depending on the province in Canada in which you are going to settle.

The sponsorship approval and PR processing could take minimum 6 months and may go beyond that period depending on the case.

After settling in Canada as a PR you can submit the sponsorship application to CPC Mississauga.

The details are in the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp