22 feb 2013
Passport Req..
27 feb 2013 alhumdulilah
VISA ISSUED...
29 May
LANDED..........
July 10 2013
Hi friends, need your help,
My mom lives in Pakistan and I really want her to visit me in canada. I sent her the invitation letter last year and she applied for a visitor visa from Pakistan. I attached my pay stub and reason for her visit which was to spend summer vacations woth her grand children and me. But her application was refused. They stated that she doesn't have travel history.though she had been to Australia 4 years back. I am.really confused what to do ? Was she supposed to mention her visit to Australia somewhere in the form?
I am.thinking to apply her visit visa again but this time online from Canada. Is there any advice which might be helpful for me. Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long a visit did she request? What evidence did she include to demonstrate ties to her home country?

angelheart

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
AOR Received.
july 2012
File Transfer...
November 2011
Med's Request
22 feb 2013
Passport Req..
27 feb 2013 alhumdulilah
VISA ISSUED...
29 May
LANDED..........
July 10 2013
I sent her invitation letter saying 2 months stay. She attached her bank statement only nothing else. She doesn't work and she is a widow.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
angelheart said:
They stated that she doesn't have travel history.though she had been to Australia 4 years back. I am.really confused what to do ? Was she supposed to mention her visit to Australia somewhere in the form?
Yes, you were supposed to mention the Australia trip, but this was the least of your problems.

I am.thinking to apply her visit visa again but this time online from Canada. Is there any advice which might be helpful for me. Thanks in advance
IMO, I don't think applying online will change her situation that much, but you can try to include your own employment status, bank statements, sponsorship letter.

angelheart said:
I sent her invitation letter saying 2 months stay. She attached her bank statement only nothing else. She doesn't work and she is a widow.
2 months is too long a stay, it's advised to request for a shorter trip, but your mother being an unemployed widow is a major hurdle. Not saying it's impossible, just more difficult to get approved. Her recent refusal because of a poorly prepared application doesn't help her either.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, need your help,
My mom lives in Pakistan and I really want her to visit me in canada. I sent her the invitation letter last year and she applied for a visitor visa from Pakistan. I attached my pay stub and reason for her visit which was to spend summer vacations woth her grand children and me. But her application was refused. They stated that she doesn't have travel history.though she had been to Australia 4 years back. I am.really confused what to do ? Was she supposed to mention her visit to Australia somewhere in the form?
Hi,

Did you reapplied for your mom?

Actually i have the same situation my mom applied last year and they refused.

let me know if you received this..

Thanks

manigill

Nov 25, 2017
Never show in your application long stay...2 month is too long that is also negative point in your application...show only short trip..not more than 10 days...