+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to move to Vancouver, but filing through Alberta PNP, since AINP is faster

lolly123

Aug 29, 2008
Hi All,

This is my case.

I am in US, H1B, working for 5 years, Engineering Manager in high tech industry. I have applied for my 485, and waiting for US GC. However, my husband is not include din my 485, and is stuck in India for H1B administrative processing, and since this has no timeline and can take more than 18 months to get cleared, we thought that we will get the Canadian PR process started, so he could come here sooner and I cld visit him more often

I have 2 options (as by my lawyer)

(1) Federal (12-15 months)
(2) Alberta PNP (processing time - 8 months)

I do not have any job offer, but lawyer said I qualify for Alberta PNP through the Strategic Recruitment Stream (H1B + 5 YEARS + Engineering manager in High tech field).

We have few friends in Vancouver, and want to move to Vancouver if we decide to move to Canada.

AINP is faster than Federal, so better, but my question is, should I have to stay in Alberta Province only?

Our plan is this, file for Canadian PR through me, get my husband close to US, so I cld visit him often. He has an MBA degree from US, so he could look for jobs in Vancouver area.

Can I move to Vancouver, although I file in Alberta PNP? Is it legal? Will they take away my PNP? has anyone done this? Where should my landing be done?

So just for faster processing time, can I go through AINP, but move to Vancouver? or get jobs in Vancouver after we move?

Please advice

Thanks
Lolly

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Re: Want to move to Vancouver, but filing through Alberta PNP, since AINP is faster?

Get your PR Status in Alberta first,Then move to BC.Welcome to BC in advance

lolly123

Aug 29, 2008
Re: Want to move to Vancouver, but filing through Alberta PNP, since AINP is faster?

Wow, that was fast, thanks BCGuy :)

But, my concern is,
(1) if my intent is not to move to Alberta and move to Vancouver, legally is it ok to apply through AINP?
(2) Has anyone done this?
(3) And any chances of taking away the PR due to this?
(4) Any other problems I could face?

Any experience from people doing this kind of provincial move? My only question is, is it legal,and will anything bad turn out of this?

Also, is there a contract that I have to sign with Alberta saying I will have to work in their province for some months? If it was that easy, everyone would be doing this? Sorry, I am still a newbie :(

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976

lolly123 said:
Wow, that was fast, thanks BCGuy :)

But, my concern is,
(1) if my intent is not to move to Alberta and move to Vancouver, legally is it ok to apply through AINP?No,You will lose your Alberta PNP Nomination,They will ask you to apply to BC
(2) Has anyone done this? About an estimated 15,000 people in the last 2 years
(3) And any chances of taking away the PR due to this? Once PR is granted,They cannot get it back
(4) Any other problems I could face? Not really

Any experience from people doing this kind of provincial move? My only question is, is it legal,and will anything bad turn out of this?

Also, is there a contract that I have to sign with Alberta saying I will have to work in their province for some months? If it was that easy, everyone would be doing this? Sorry, I am still a newbie :(
Remeber It is wrong to get an Alberta PNP and land in Vancouver,It is Ok to land in Alberta,get your PR there then move to vancouver

lolly123

Aug 29, 2008

BCguy said:
Remeber It is wrong to get an Alberta PNP and land in Vancouver,It is Ok to land in Alberta,get your PR there then move to vancouver
Can I go for landing, get my PR from Alberta, then come back to US, and later move to Vancouver within a year?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Want to move to Vancouver, but filing through Alberta PNP, since AINP is fas

If you look at the application form at http://albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html , at the bottom where you sign, you are signing this: "1. I agree it is my intention to live and work in the Province of Alberta permanently."

It is not advisable to lie about anything to immigration so I think it's safer if you at least make an attempt to stay in AB for a while after you get your PR. At least make a half assed attempt at finding a job here. If you can say that you looked for a job for a couple of months and didn't get one and then got a job in BC, they can't say anything.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Want to move to Vancouver, but filing through Alberta PNP, since AINP is fas

Hi

Leon said:
If you look at the application form at http://albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html , at the bottom where you sign, you are signing this: "1. I agree it is my intention to live and work in the Province of Alberta permanently."

It is not advisable to lie about anything to immigration so I think it's safer if you at least make an attempt to stay in AB for a while after you get your PR. At least make a half assed attempt at finding a job here. If you can say that you looked for a job for a couple of months and didn't get one and then got a job in BC, they can't say anything.
To add one thing, the provinces have the right to revoke the PNP certificate if the Immigrant doesn't make an effort to settle in the Province.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
That is What I am saying,Land in Alberta,Get your PR Status in Alberta,Make a show of looking for a job in Alberta,But Do not move to BC until you get a job here.Guys,I just helped somebody on a work visa in AB move to BC and enter our PNP,You cant fault me for promoting BC Immigration,since it is the current policy of the BC Liberals