+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

want to know my chances of getting visa plz help :)

geetdhillon

Star Member
Sep 25, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
31 april
Med's Done....
15oct
hello awl!!!
my self geet iam applying for post graduation in strategic relationship management from george brown college for jan2012 intake and i have done my graduation in the field of b.c.a i.e bachelor in computer administration but now iam worried of my visa chances plz anyone tell me wat to do :( is dis course ryt for me or not ?

thnQ :)

jassi89

Aug 8, 2011
Dehradun
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
re-applying
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical
VISA ISSUED...
This time hoping..
LANDED..........
Jaddon rabba chahega...
dude, for visa point of view, select the course which is related to BCA like wireless technologies. Because, if you choose different course other from your past qualification, you visa chances are very less but their are exceptions, as for september intake most of the students are refused for the same purpose...I suggest you to choose BCA related 1 yr pg course and after reaching their change to what ever course you like.. At last it's your decision.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Though luck matters alot, but its highly reccommended that you choose a course that matches your previous qualification and employment (if any). This is because the Visa Officer definitely has its own way of assessing an application. And since a visa solely depends upon the documents that make up your profile, its highly unlikely that the VO will be satisfied. Plus, you should have a strong SOP but since that is not part of the checklist, its your luck how thoroughly the VO reads it.

maggi.2minutes

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
23-07-2011
Passport Req..
13-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
22-12-2011
Hi Geet,

My friend recieved visa a week ago. Her studies were totally different. It all depends how you present the case. You can chose any field but give an explanation in the form of SOP that how this course will be helpful for your career back in your country.

Further, you should show them that you are financially secured and have no interest in staying in Canada.

Regards,
Maggi

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geetdhillon said:
hello awl!!!
my self geet iam applying for post graduation in strategic relationship management from george brown college for jan2012 intake and i have done my graduation in the field of b.c.a i.e bachelor in computer administration but now iam worried of my visa chances plz anyone tell me wat to do :( is dis course ryt for me or not ?

thnQ :)
Hi,

What do you mean by Post Graduation in Strategic Relationship Management ? Even I am a prospective MBA student but still unable to undertand the "logical meaning" of PG in Strategic Relationship Management and how does it relate to your background ?

Even when you hold a BCA, how it make sense to co relate between two different field.

Its possible in case you go for courses like MBA or Master in Finance. The said courses are generalist one and its "very hard" to get into a reputed Business school. And this word "very hard" makes all difference in your visa application.

Your proposed course PG in Strategic Relationship Management do not fall in this category. I would advise you to go for a Master Degree in a University.

*Its useless to write SOP, Cover letter for your visa process. Its not a part of visa checklist. And its CLEARLY written on SPP/General visa checklist that anything included other thn the required documents won't be a part of your visa processing.

Just think for a while, how is it possible for VO to verify the contents of your SOP ?

Are you sure if VO will put aside everything and trust your SOP ?

When they do not even trust legal documents like Affidavit, thn how is it possible for them to take your SOP into consideration.

There is no harm in case you submit SOP, but no one is even going to read it.

I would say its quality that matters a lot. I am always in favor of either full Undergraduate or Master degree course. I have noticed visa rejection is VERY HIGH for Diploma, Certificate courses.

maggi.2minutes

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
23-07-2011
Passport Req..
13-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
22-12-2011
Hi Enfield,

Thats not the case. They do read SOP and check your seriousness about the course you have selected.

The other things like finance, work experience etc compliments with the SOP.

Regards,

Maggi

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
@Maggi
Oh come on now don't be a child, whats the authenticity of the statement you are presenting on a blank piece of paper.
Like I said in my previous posts they check your documents your statement, your course relation to your previous qualifications and your work experience, Cuz all these documents can be verified.

But in SOP you can write just anything you want, whats the authenticity of a blank statement

maggi.2minutes

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
23-07-2011
Passport Req..
13-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
22-12-2011
fahad83 said:
@ Maggi
Oh come on now don't be a child, whats the authenticity of the statement you are presenting on a blank piece of paper.
Like I said in my previous posts they check your documents your statement, your course relation to your previous qualifications and your work experience, Cuz all these documents can be verified.

But in SOP you can write just anything you want, whats the authenticity of a blank statement
I never said that only SOP will help. The overall presentation of your case reflects the genuineness of the student.

My friend got admission into business course being from Law background and she got her medicall call the very next day.

Regards,
Maggi

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
maggi.2minutes said:
I never said that only SOP will help. The overall presentation of your case reflects the genuineness of the student.

My friend got admission into business course being from Law background and she got her medicall call the very next day.

Regards,
Maggi
Just because your friend got lucky doesn't mean all the V.O measure candidates the same way, getting visa depends on luck also, In some cases even when all the requirement fulfilled people still receive rejection, So my point is luck also play's a huge part in this.

maggi.2minutes

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
23-07-2011
Passport Req..
13-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
22-12-2011
fahad83 said:
Just because your friend got lucky doesn't mean all the V.O measure candidates the same way, getting visa depends on luck also, In some cases even when all the requirement fulfilled people still receive rejection, So my point is luck also play's a huge part in this.
We are not here to discuss about luck. The main point of joining this forum is to help each other.

Just like when u apply for any job, you give ur best shot. In the same way the papers attched to ur file are the only way to show ur genuineness.

Regards,
Maggi

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maggi.2minutes said:
Hi Enfield,

Thats not the case. They do read SOP and check your seriousness about the course you have selected.

The other things like finance, work experience etc compliments with the SOP.

Regards,

Maggi

Hi,

I appreciate your concerns for SOP and its importance. I am not against SOP. All I want to stress that an applicant should not over rely on SOP but instead use it as a supplement, NOT as a part of Visa application. SOP is useless for all purpose but definitely there is no harm is attaching the same.

I strongly believe its academics, academics and only academics that make a difference. Academics mean your prior standing in academics and the competitiveness of your proposed course.

geetdhillon

Star Member
Sep 25, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
31 april
Med's Done....
15oct
thnks awl :) for giving ur valuable time for replying :) and i want to add one more point that i forgot i have also an experience of 8 months in web marketing and sorry by mistake i wrote strategic relationship management it is staretegic relationship marketing

geetdhillon

Star Member
Sep 25, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
31 april
Med's Done....
15oct
enfeild i dun have any option :( rather then this because i have 6 band in ielts and only george brown college accept 6 bands for post gaduation and i want college in toronto only not in other city and related to my background studies only one course is available in george brown for pg level that is wireless networking and it to costly :( wat should i do :(

jassi89

Aug 8, 2011
Dehradun
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
re-applying
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical
VISA ISSUED...
This time hoping..
LANDED..........
Jaddon rabba chahega...
geetdhillon said:
enfeild i dun have any option :( rather then this because i have 6 band in ielts and only george brown college accept 6 bands for post gaduation and i want college in toronto only not in other city and related to my background studies only one course is available in george brown for pg level that is wireless networking and it to costly :( wat should i do :(
don't take chances go for computer related course in GBC or Fanshawe....Fanshawe also gives admission in 6bands the name of that course is Information Security Management.I also took admission in same course. Don't show you experience, go for computer PG course, it will increase your chances and second thing you do not need to prepare sop because their are very less chances hat VO would read it as it is not mentioned in the SPP checklist and if you prepare then also its fine...And 8 months gap doesn't create a difference gap more then one year would create problem....But at the it all depends on luck like maggi's friend...