+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to join Canadian company

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all!! I m in canada on PR working for Indian company which has filed my GC priority date 2018 as I was in usa for 5 yrs but then we moved to Canada for PR.now I got an offer frm Canadian company for a profile where I see growth for me, income difference is not much.IF I will join Canadian company I will lose my line in GC , I want to know the process if I join another company how much time it takes to get my new I-140. Please no bashing. I have my reasons to move to usa (healthcare care system in Canada is not easily accessible and my kid have health problem, we didn’t knew this thing before moving to Canada)I dnt want to come on TN visa as my wife will not be able to work.I am not able to decide to accept this offer or continue working with Indian company for gc line.plz no harsh comments.plz suggest me if I join Canadian company which has no office in usa, how long will be the process to get into gc line if I join usa company after 2-3 yrs.
Thank u in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all!! I m in canada on PR working for Indian company which has filed my GC priority date 2018 as I was in usa for 5 yrs but then we moved to Canada for PR.now I got an offer frm Canadian company for a profile where I see growth for me, income difference is not much.IF I will join Canadian company I will lose my line in GC , I want to know the process if I join another company how much time it takes to get my new I-140. Please no bashing. I have my reasons to move to usa (healthcare care system in Canada is not easily accessible and my kid have health problem, we didn’t knew this thing before moving to Canada)I dnt want to come on TN visa as my wife will not be able to work.I am not able to decide to accept this offer or continue working with Indian company for gc line.plz no harsh comments.plz suggest me if I join Canadian company which has no office in usa, how long will be the process to get into gc line if I join usa company after 2-3 yrs.
Thank u in advance
Ask your question on an US immigration forum.

tomtom55

Apr 30, 2022
Thank u in advance
If your priority date is 2018 I would imagine you already have your I 140 approved long time ago from your current employer. Why are you then worried about losing your line in GC?
Once you have an I 140 approved the priority date is set for your lifetime even if your employer immediately revokes your I 140.
You will not be able to use your revoked I 140 for filing I 485 in future but you wont lose your priority date. As soon as you find another US employer who can sponsor green card for you they will be able to use your 2018 priority date that was assigned to hour when your first PERM was filed.
Can you provide the month and year when your I 140 was approved? Also did that employer revoke the I 140 after that? If so when (provide only month an year).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank u in advance
Read more online about the rule on how to transfer H1 and retain priority date. its all online.

You dont loose the priority date just because you are changing employer. New employer can restart your gc process and retain your existing priority date. Your employer will know. Also they can transfer your H1(transfer in the sense of getting new 3 year H1) based on your current employer's approved 140.

Processing gc is nothing to do with you being inside US/Canada/xyz. Its for future employment, not for current employment. If you are not joining now then they dont need to transfer anything and you can simply join them in Canada and do the rest of the process later.

You should be asking your new employer all these things as its the first criteria for you to join.

Reactions: iceman55

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Read more online about the rule on how to transfer H1 and retain priority date. its all online.

You dont loose the priority date just because you are changing employer. New employer can restart your gc process and retain your existing priority date. Your employer will know. Also they can transfer your H1(transfer in the sense of getting new 3 year H1) based on your current employer's approved 140.

Processing gc is nothing to do with you being inside US/Canada/xyz. Its for future employment, not for current employment. If you are not joining now then they dont need to transfer anything and you can simply join them in Canada and do the rest of the process later.

You should be asking your new employer all these things as its the first criteria for you to join.
Thank u for ur advice! The company which has given me offer is Canadian company with no operations in usa.so I can’t negotiate with them regarding this.But I m not able to make up my mind -leaving my company means gc gone until and unless I find usa employer who will be ready to file green card for me.
It’s just been 1 yr in Canada and till now usa seems to be more apt for me .Does after staying in Canada for 2-3 yrs will I find it better ? Plz share ur experience.
Thank u !

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank u for ur advice! The company which has given me offer is Canadian company with no operations in usa.so I can’t negotiate with them regarding this.But I m not able to make up my mind -leaving my company means gc gone until and unless I find usa employer who will be ready to file green card for me.
It’s just been 1 yr in Canada and till now usa seems to be more apt for me .Does after staying in Canada for 2-3 yrs will I find it better ? Plz share ur experience.
Thank u !
I didnt work in Canada hence dont know but some posts i could see to make it through in few years.
If you cant negotiate on it then you can decide if you want to take it now and later you would try with new US employer(after Canadian citizenship) or simply stick to your employer.
No one knows when 2018 will become current while fight between dems and reps will never over as both favor 2 different sides and they both will never agree for immigration reform(especially for legal immigration).

Immigration is a mess. It never ends.

We cant choose always a right decision since we dont know if its going to be right in future. Everyone has made and will make bad decisions :) hence dont stress much about it. So just go with your guts and change course if required. We cant predict future. Just choose the best of what it feels now.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I didnt work in Canada hence dont know but some posts i could see to make it through in few years.
If you cant negotiate on it then you can decide if you want to take it now and later you would try with new US employer(after Canadian citizenship) or simply stick to your employer.
No one knows when 2018 will become current while fight between dems and reps will never over as both favor 2 different sides and they both will never agree for immigration reform(especially for legal immigration).

Immigration is a mess. It never ends.

We cant choose always a right decision since we dont know if its going to be right in future. Everyone has made and will make bad decisions :) hence dont stress much about it. So just go with your guts and change course if required. We cant predict future. Just choose the best of what it feels now.
Thank u so much !! U r right that we can’t chose right decision.will see what I will decide.