+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to get out of India and Immigrate

anujsanghvi

Nov 6, 2016
Hello everyone

I live in Mumbai, India. I want to get out of this country forever. My friend had gone to Canada for further education, found employment and is doing well. I think I can do it as well. I am 26.

I have completed Bachelors in Commerce from Mumbai University.
I have 15 years of education without any breaks.
I have worked in my father's Stock Broking Firm and performed all tasks like client servicing, back-office operations and sales for 36-40 months alone.
I had done MBA ( Financial Markets ) from IGNOU( DELHI ) which is an open university. I am not sure if MBA from this open university is recognized as having completed MASTERS.
I am currently employed in another stock broking firm since 2 months.

My options:

1. Study and get a work permit and eventually look forward to PR - Looks difficult due to the cost involved and that I even have a Masters( I am not sure if the Masters counts so please address that )
2. Get a work visa by getting a job offer which is difficult today ( as told to me by an immigration consultant )
3. Express Entry
4. Provincial Nomination ( I can for once manage meeting the financial requirement )

A. My CRS score is 435 presently assuming that I manage atleast a 7.5-8 in IELTS and that the Masters does not count.
B. Would me having worked in my father's company count as valid experience?

I am open to countries other than Canada as well.

Please tell me should I apply with my profile? I need guidance on how EE and Provincial Nomination applications work. Please also highlight necessary precautions that I should take before applying.

Thanks

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
1. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html

2. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

Read the first page on both these links and it should help you a lot.

anujsanghvi

Nov 6, 2016
My primary concern is knowing if masters done from an open university is taken to be valid for immigration. I have done MBA from IGNOU. Will they accept that.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
anujsanghvi said:
My primary concern is knowing if masters done from an open university is taken to be valid for immigration. I have done MBA from IGNOU. Will they accept that.
Why don't you try to submit it for evaluation?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
anujsanghvi said:
Degrees from IGNOU are accepted by WES. You can use the free "Degree Equivalency Tool" on WES's website to find this out yourself.

Link to the tool:
http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

anujsanghvi

Nov 6, 2016
I have worked in my father's company. So, would that be treated as valid experience?

Please tell me the complete set of documents that would be required to be submitted to prove that my claim is legitimate.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
anujsanghvi said:
I have worked in my father's company. So, would that be treated as valid experience?

Please tell me the complete set of documents that would be required to be submitted to prove that my claim is legitimate.
It can be proven as legitimate, yes. You will need a letter of reference, as well as pay stubs, to establish work experience gained.

anujsanghvi

Nov 6, 2016
Ok. Would it be considered a little wierd if I receive pay slips from my own father? Would it be suspicious? If yes, how should I address that.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujsanghvi said:
Ok. Would it be considered a little wierd if I receive pay slips from my own father? Would it be suspicious? If yes, how should I address that.
Nope,
But to be on the safe side, I would also recommended to have some kind of taxes proof, that you were a normal employee there being paid and paying taxes (that way they will have historical proof from 3rd party that is not related to you). Your father needs to have legitimate company as well.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
anujsanghvi said:
Doesn't matter. Pay slips comes from company/business/Incorporation/registered entity after doing payroll and other government stuff.
If you get personal check or cash for your work, that's not pay stub, that's stipend or allowance for your work.