+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to change DLI while letter of passport submission received but passport not yet submitted

addcad

Sep 12, 2021
I have received letter for passport submission against my study permit application through one DLI. Now I am not able to join the same DLI, hence I have not submitted my passport to VAC. Now I am awaiting letter of admission from another DLI. In this scenario, shall I submit the passport and get the visa stamped and then apply for DLI change before travelling to Canada or wait for admission offer letter from new DLI? As per the letter of passport submission, my application will go for refusal if passport is not submitted within 30 days of receiving the letter. Would appreciate some thoughts.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have received letter for passport submission against my study permit application through one DLI. Now I am not able to join the same DLI, hence I have not submitted my passport to VAC. Now I am awaiting letter of admission from another DLI. In this scenario, shall I submit the passport and get the visa stamped and then apply for DLI change before travelling to Canada or wait for admission offer letter from new DLI? As per the letter of passport submission, my application will go for refusal if passport is not submitted within 30 days of receiving the letter. Would appreciate some thoughts.
Either way, you may need to apply for new SP if you are not joining current DLI

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
If you are changing DLI last minute, you need to submit whole new app.
Did you just decide to do it when you got passport request?

nishsiahwi

Nov 9, 2022
Hi, it's a bit urgent so please do assist me because I am new to this.

So my situation is I got an offer letter from an university for Setember intake however I had to let go of the offer because my visa was late and my grades didn't meet the requirement which is why I had to get a new offer letter however my visa got approved in middle of it. I know I need to apply again to dli change my university. But I need to know what is the chances of my visa approval again if I apply again for study permit as I would just add my new LOA and motivational letter but all other documents are the same also would the process be faster as they have my medical and biometrics data already?