Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii guys,

I have applied for WIN program in Fleming college. I'm waiting for my visa. My concerns are:

1. I want to change my college before the starting of semester. Is it possible to change college? If yes.. Can we change college within province or anywhere in canada before starting classes?

2. That WIN program in Fleming is post graduation diploma of 2 years. If i change the college and get admission in post secondary diploma.. What'll happen? It will create problems for PR or not?

I'm planning for change the college because less jobs are available in Peterborough. Give your suggestions friends.

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
Joban said:
Hii guys,

I have applied for WIN program in Fleming college. I'm waiting for my visa. My concerns are:

1. I want to change my college before the starting of semester. Is it possible to change college? If yes.. Can we change college within province or anywhere in canada before starting classes?

2. That WIN program in Fleming is post graduation diploma of 2 years. If i change the college and get admission in post secondary diploma.. What'll happen? It will create problems for PR or not?

I'm planning for change the college because less jobs are available in Peterborough. Give your suggestions friends.
Everything is possible to change but not advised to do so as it *might* affect PR application but you can always upgrade your course and go to university,going to university wont create any problem but changing course and college *might* affect you in long term.

TY

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okke.. And if i changed my subject within college from 2 yr to 1 yr, level of study should be same i.e. PG Diploma and after completion if i plan for admission in Masters. Then IELTS is needed or not? Means after 1 yr of study in canada universities give direct admission or they want IELTS?

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Whether you transfer after one year of education in Canada or once you reach in Canada, you'll need to full fill all the admission requirements for the program and the university you would apply to. As rightly advised above, you may switch to a university but not to a college or shorter length program as it would send wrong signals about your authenticity of being a genuine student to CIC and it will certainly effect your PR application later on.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
PR has nothing to do with college change ..if u have admission to a designated college and u change it will not affect ur PR this is a false idea that agents/consultants r spreading so as students dont change college as if u change a college agent loses his money. If u change from university to college only thing that may be slightly affected is ur study permit extension other than that nothing. only thing u should be careful about is the new college should be on the designated list and u should notify CIC about the change.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Again, I will reiterate that you may switch from a college to a university or from one public institution to another and to the same level program or a higher level program. If you switch from a PG Diploma to Diploma program, you 'll need to notify CIC and you may need to apply for the study permit application again. This is a confirmed news. These change have come into effect from June 1. Those who do not know, should either believe it or call CIC and confirm this. It's better to update knowledge. Hope it will help.

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Ryan1981 said:
Again, I will reiterate that you may switch from a college to a university or from one public institution to another and to the same level program or a higher level program. If you switch from a PG Diploma to Diploma program, you 'll need to notify CIC and you may need to apply for the study permit application again. This is a confirmed news. These change have come into effect from June 1. Those who do not know, should either believe it or call CIC and confirm this. It's better to update knowledge. Hope it will help.
Dear seniors, please confirm that in how mininum days we can change college? I applied for PGD of one year and waoting for decision. If I get visa then is it possible to change college to study PGD diploma of two years instead of diploma of one year?

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ryan1981 said:
Whether you transfer after one year of education in Canada or once you reach in Canada, you'll need to full fill all the admission requirements for the program and the university you would apply to. As rightly advised above, you may switch to a university but not to a college or shorter length program as it would send wrong signals about your authenticity of being a genuine student to CIC and it will certainly effect your PR application later on.
Did u mean i have to appear in the IELTS exam again for admission in University after 1 yr PGD as there requirement is more than 6 bands.

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
PR has nothing to do with college change ..if u have admission to a designated college and u change it will not affect ur PR this is a false idea that agents/consultants r spreading so as students dont change college as if u change a college agent loses his money. If u change from university to college only thing that may be slightly affected is ur study permit extension other than that nothing. only thing u should be careful about is the new college should be on the designated list and u should notify CIC about the change.
Bro tell me about my case.. I scored 6 bands in IELTS which is already accepted by fleming college. but i want to change my college before the classes starts coz in Peterborough few part time jobs are available . The admission requirement of other colleges in Toronto is 6.5 bands. If i want admission in those colleges i have to take admission in Post secondary rather than PGD as requirement for those courses is 6 bands. What u think about this? It'll create problems for me or not? As the level of study is going to decrease.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Joban said:
Bro tell me about my case.. I scored 6 bands in IELTS which is already accepted by fleming college. but i want to change my college before the classes starts coz in Peterborough few part time jobs are available . The admission requirement of other colleges in Toronto is 6.5 bands. If i want admission in those colleges i have to take admission in Post secondary rather than PGD as requirement for those courses is 6 bands. What u think about this? It'll create problems for me or not? As the level of study is going to decrease.
it wont create a problem u just need to notify CIC about the change.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

Joban

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Punjab, India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
it wont create a problem u just need to notify CIC about the change.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15
Thanxx mead.. Appreciate your help..

One thing i want to know more..
I want to do Masters after Diploma.. As u know my band score is 6 bands.. Is it possible for me to take admission in university after minimum of 1 year study in Canada..?? Coz university requirement is more than 6.5 bands.. Does these band scores also matter after 1 yr study in canada..??

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Joban said:
Thanxx mead.. Appreciate your help..

One thing i want to know more..
I want to do Masters after Diploma.. As u know my band score is 6 bands.. Is it possible for me to take admission in university after minimum of 1 year study in Canada..?? Coz university requirement is more than 6.5 bands.. Does these band scores also matter after 1 yr study in canada..??
i believe they do u should improve ur ielts score ....u have to check university websites for their requirements

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
fazeel said:
Dear seniors, please confirm that in how mininum days we can change college? I applied for PGD of one year and waoting for decision. If I get visa then is it possible to change college to study PGD diploma of two years instead of diploma of one year?
Plz comments on this.

Gagan@123?

Aug 16, 2018
Sir can we switch from private college to govt college after 1 year of study ? Does ielts exam needed again or not pls reply to my this comment

Gagan@123?

Aug 16, 2018
My agent says , there are some private college which provided pgwp after diploma course of2 years . Please guide me it is right or they just fooling me