+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply for TRV with expiring Work Permit

goofy

Jun 27, 2012
Hi all,

I'm planning on travelling back home in August. My work permit expires in October and I wanted to renew my work permit before my holidays only because I don't want to be crammed for time when I come back. My question is:

1) If I apply for my TRV using my current work permit, will it still be valid after I receive my new work permit?
2) Will I be able to apply for both TRV and work permit extension at the same time?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. If you apply for a TRV with the current permit, it will be issued until the expiry of your current work permit. When you receive the new permit, you would have to apply for renewal.

2. No. You must first renew your work permit. When it's approved, you can apply for a TRV. Be sure to include a confirmation of employment letter with your application.

caos2018

Mar 15, 2018
1. If you apply for a TRV with the current permit, it will be issued until the expiry of your current work permit. When you receive the new permit, you would have to apply for renewal.

2. No. You must first renew your work permit. When it's approved, you can apply for a TRV. Be sure to include a confirmation of employment letter with your application.
Hi and I will appreciate if you can answer my question, I just got approved an extension of my current work permit that was already expired ( I was in implied status) , I have to travel to my home country in Dec and I'm corcen because before to apply to my visa extension, I guess I will need to wait for the new work permit be sent to my mailing addres, Q. is can I apply to my visa extension just with the work permit approval in my CIC account or do I have to wait for the physical work permit to be issued and received in my mail. Really thank you.

Gooni

Nov 1, 2018
Hi and I will appreciate if you can answer my question, I just got approved an extension of my current work permit that was already expired ( I was in implied status) , I have to travel to my home country in Dec and I'm corcen because before to apply to my visa extension, I guess I will need to wait for the new work permit be sent to my mailing addres, Q. is can I apply to my visa extension just with the work permit approval in my CIC account or do I have to wait for the physical work permit to be issued and received in my mail. Really thank you.
same situation.. what did you do? did you apply with physical work permit or just screenshot of the approval?