+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

want to accompany with my wife

rohan279

Jun 17, 2014
Hello Every one,

I have received admission letter from University of saskatchewan.
I want to apply for study permit for my self.
I want my wife to come along with me.

MY question is: How should i go about that? which visa category she fit into?
It is very urgent. Prompt help is really appreciated. Thank u

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
rohan279 said:
Hello Every one,

Hello...

You can apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for your spouse.
It allows your spouse to accompany you in Canada and also to work there freely while you are studying.

Here is the URL from where you can find more details and application package for it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

rohan279 said:
Hello Every one,

Your spouse need a TRV. She must file a separate application for TRV, send both applications (including yours) in one envelope.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
J5M said:
Hi,

Your spouse need a TRV. She must file a separate application for TRV, send both applications (including yours) in one envelope.
TRV is required to travel to Canada. That's it.
To maintain your legal status in Canada, one needs some CATEGORIZED PERMIT i.e Study Permit, Work Permit, Open Work Permit, etc....

TRV is the essential part no doubt because one can't travel without it but one also needs some permit to maintain legal status in Canada and in the current case Open Work Permit for spouse would best fit.

rohan279

Jun 17, 2014
thank you so much for reply,

should we both apply together for visa? we both want to go to canada together. plz suggest on that

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
rohan279 said:
thank you so much for reply,

should we both apply together for visa? we both want to go to canada together. plz suggest on that
YES, you both should apply together.

You will submit the following applications set:

- Your Study Permit
- Your Spouse's Open Work Permit
- TRV Application of both

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

usman_14pk said:
TRV is required to travel to Canada. That's it.
To maintain your legal status in Canada, one needs some CATEGORIZED PERMIT i.e Study Permit, Work Permit, Open Work Permit, etc....

TRV is the essential part no doubt because one can't travel without it but one also needs some permit to maintain legal status in Canada and in the current case Open Work Permit for spouse would best fit.

TRV gives you a legal status to remain in Canada as a visitor for minimum 6 months.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

usman_14pk said:
YES, you both should apply together.

You will submit the following applications set:

- Your Study Permit
- Your Spouse's Open Work Permit
- TRV Application of both

You do not have to apply for both OWP & TRV at the same time. Application for OWP will automatically cover TRV request.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi Rohan,

I have the same case as yours . I will be applying for study permit for myself and need to take my wife along as well. Can you tell me which visa did you apply for your wife (OWP or TRV). Did you apply together or separately. How did the process go. Did your wife receive the visa easily.

Awaiting your early reply.
Thanks.
Best Regards.

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17
Hi guys,
my case is abit similar to rohans. I will like to ask questions about student visa. I have gotten 2 different schools that are ready to give admissions for winter.
My wife is the one applying as a student, I want to depend on her do you think work permit will be issue for me while she have her student visa plus a kid (8 months).
I have a msc in the uk while I am planning coop/certificate program or nursing for my wife. Is it advisable she apply or I apply?

Please, ur advise is needed very urgent.

sumarwadi

Jul 26, 2013
Karachi Pakistan
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Done....
upfront
usman_14pk said:
Hello...

You can apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for your spouse.
It allows your spouse to accompany you in Canada and also to work there freely while you are studying.

Here is the URL from where you can find more details and application package for it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp
Web Site says:

Help your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada
Determine your eligibility

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if:

A)you are a full-time student at:

1)a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
2)a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
3)a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

B)you have a valid study permit

My question is until we get a valid study permit our spouse can not apply for Open Work Permit? So what should we do as we will be applying at the same time.

Someone told me that spouse should apply for TRV and Visit Visa and then after landing apply for an Open Work Permit.

Waiting for a reply
Thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

coolraman said:
Hi Rohan,

I have the same case as yours . I will be applying for study permit for myself and need to take my wife along as well. Can you tell me which visa did you apply for your wife (OWP or TRV). Did you apply together or separately. How did the process go. Did your wife receive the visa easily.

Awaiting your early reply.
Thanks.
Best Regards.

Your choice if you apply for a TRV or OWP. An application for OWP automatically include a request for a TRV.

1. TRV; Your spouse need to apply separately & send her TRV application along with your SP application in one envelope.
2. OWP; Fill up IMM1295, 'Application for a WP made outside of Canada' & send it along with yours.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sumarwadi said:
Web Site says:

Help your spouse or common-law partner work in Canada
Determine your eligibility

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if:

A)you are a full-time student at:

1)a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d'enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
2)a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
3)a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

B)you have a valid study permit

My question is until we get a valid study permit our spouse can not apply for Open Work Permit? So what should we do as we will be applying at the same time.

Someone told me that spouse should apply for TRV and Visit Visa and then after landing apply for an Open Work Permit.

Waiting for a reply
Thanks

You (& spouse) get SP/OWP at POE. Initially, you (& spouse) get only TRV (with approval for SP/OWP) to enter Canada.

FrankJ

Feb 4, 2014
Korea
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront medicals
Hello, good morning.
Please I need your help with form 5257 for my daughter, i am submitting my Student visa application and my daughter is accompany me, but have some problem with 1. funds available for my stay? must i write my funds for her or just write any number. 2. Employment? she is 2yrs old, N/A in not going in there, please any advice?