+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WANT HELP REGARDING GIC and VISA

vipul007

Jun 22, 2015
Got offer letter from GC and paid fees as well as the GIC account money. But, in the confirmation revieved from GIC has my name written twice ( VIPUL VIPUL), and my name on passport is VIPUL (with no surname). Would it cause problem while visa filing having my name written twice ? please answer i have to apply within this week. TIA

debrupdutta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I do not think there would be any problem... VIPUL VIPUL must be a default setting ..as far as I can sort out.... the officers will understand..better email/call them before you submit your application....

dino_choc

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
I replied to your thread Vipul.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/name-on-passport-vipul-name-on-gic-certificate-vipul-vipul-t310870.0.html

That's alright to have your name displayed like that.
In Canada, it's mandatory to have first and last name especially when submitting any banking type of application otherwise the system doesn't let the application go through. I guess that's why your GIC shows like that. You can go ahead and submit your Visa application without a doubt as you have your passport showing your first name only. I strongly believe CIC Visa officer won't have any objections regarding that.