+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WALK-IN-LANDING-IRCC OFFICE

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hello folks,
Do you think it is possible to walk-in into any nearby IRCC office for landing. In Ottawa it is being this way by walk-in! I am wondering if anyone has tried it here in TORONTO?

PLEASE PUT YOUR EXPERIENCE...

CHEERS

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello folks,
Do you think it is possible to walk-in into any nearby IRCC office for landing. In Ottawa it is being this way by walk-in! I am wondering if anyone has tried it here in TORONTO?

PLEASE PUT YOUR EXPERIENCE...

CHEERS
I'm thinking of doing exactly this tomorrow ( i mean it is worth a shot). Anyone?
As far as I understand the process, you are required to make an actual landing appointment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html

Last edited:

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
As far as I understand the process, you are required to make an actual landing appointment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html
Yes correct. I was wondering if there is a queue for people who have some sort of an "emergency".
My case is a bit unique. I have a new job offer and i have to send them my SIN. But if i send them my current SIN, they will see that my work permit will expire in end of November. That might scare them a bit. So i'm hoping to get the new sin (after doing landing) to ensure that my offer doesnt get pulled just because my WP is expiring in 4 months time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes correct. I was wondering if there is a queue for people who have some sort of an "emergency".
My case is a bit unique. I have a new job offer and i have to send them my SIN. But if i send them my current SIN, they will see that my work permit will expire in end of November. That might scare them a bit. So i'm hoping to get the new sin (after doing landing) to ensure that my offer doesnt get pulled just because my WP is expiring in 4 months time.
Not an emergency. Did you not explain to the employer before they gave you the offer that you were on a work permit while waiting for PR?

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Not an emergency. Did you not explain to the employer before they gave you the offer that you were on a work permit while waiting for PR?
No. No explanation was needed. I have never told any of my previous 4 employers that i'm on a work permit, as i've never been asked that upfront. It only gets brought up after you given them the SIN information (as the SIN makes it obvious that I'm on a WP and then they ask for the WP from me). The job didnt mention that you need a PR/ be a citizen.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I'm thinking of doing exactly this tomorrow ( i mean it is worth a shot). Anyone?
HI @asd1985
I am wondering if you made it to Etobicoke? pls share. On the other hand, i am wondering how long it took your passports to come back from Ottawa since you sent them and your online application to be approved?

Thank you..

Amninder1

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-03-2019
I am waiting my passport to come back from Ottawa, and will be give it it a try in Etobicoke...
Hey, i got my PPR this morning. Can u please tell me what size envelopes we need to send to cic ottawa. We need 2 envelopes 1 to send and 1 for return?

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hey, i got my PPR this morning. Can u please tell me what size envelopes we need to send to cic ottawa. We need 2 envelopes 1 to send and 1 for return?
Go to your nearest Canada post and they will give you the proper envelops for both ways.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
HI @asd1985
I am wondering if you made it to Etobicoke? pls share. On the other hand, i am wondering how long it took your passports to come back from Ottawa since you sent them and your online application to be approved?

Thank you..
I skipped the entire thing as i got the interview email the very next day. my appointment is on the 25th (1 week from today). :)

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
I skipped the entire thing as i got the interview email the very next day. my appointment is on the 25th (1 week from today). :)
Oh i see, so how long did it take the IRCC to respond to your appointment request email since you sent them and gave you the appointment? if it is short time then i can follow your steps!

Thank you