+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting time for Express Entry

bharathji

Apr 22, 2017
Hi,
I submitted my application on 14 Feb 2018 (complete application done.) I got this done thru an agency help. Also, this was my second time applying after my first time was rejected for having my job roles and responsibilites not on a company letter head, this was the only issue I was told in the first rejection letter which was in Jan 2018. So, by 14 Feb 2018 I gathered everything properly on an official company letter and submitted immediately again as I got ITA in the very next draw itself (Which was two weeks after my Jan 2018 rejection).

So, history aside , was wondering what is the waiting time now? I know maximum is 6 months. But, is it really going to take 6 months? Also, I have a job offer coming by end of next week I am afraid I might loose it if I don't get my COPR. Anybody have any experience to share?

rachitjawa

Dec 6, 2017
Hi,
I was reading your experience with the first rejection due to not having your job responsibilities on a company letterhead.
Did you provide and employment verification letter with all other details on a company letter head? And was job responsibilities the only thing missing?
I am in the same situation where my company's standard Employment Verification Letter has all required details but does NOT include a description of job responsibilities. I have submitted job responsibilities as a separate document (not on company letter head, but signed by an employee and notarized). Will this lead to a rejection? Was this the case for your rejection?

svatka50

Aug 28, 2018
Hi, I applied jointly with my common-law partner. He has the same problem, he only did get the job description from his employer as a separate paper. The paper was signed by his supervisor though. I hope this will not lead to any problems.

ad0505

Jul 3, 2019
Hi,
I was reading your experience with the first rejection due to not having your job responsibilities on a company letterhead.
Did you provide and employment verification letter with all other details on a company letter head? And was job responsibilities the only thing missing?
I am in the same situation where my company's standard Employment Verification Letter has all required details but does NOT include a description of job responsibilities. I have submitted job responsibilities as a separate document (not on company letter head, but signed by an employee and notarized). Will this lead to a rejection? Was this the case for your rejection?

Hi Rachit ... Did you get an answer on this query? How was your experience with the PR application? I know the post is a bit old ... but a reply on this will be really appreciated. I have an AOR date of March 30, 2019 and have the same issue of not getting Employer issued reference letters with jobs and responsibilities. I gave notarised letters from ex colleagues and colleagues with job descriptions, designations, tenure and compensation details.

manindersingh1991

Nov 22, 2018
Hi

I applied my file on January 10,2019.
File still stuck on review eligibility.
Applied gcms on august 11 that shows MI3 officer review required. But file was not touched after march 16.
Again applied for gcms on July 11 but now they did not send my notes even after 50 days this time. I have even replied to Atip email still no response. Generated the CSE but no response.
Online and customer service still say file is under review eligibility.
Only 2 months of work permit left.

Any advice
Thanks

manindersingh1991

Nov 22, 2018
Hi

Just want to share my PR journey.

Applied express entry : sep 3, 2018
Rejection: Nov 10

Did not get any procedural fairness.
Waited for GCMS ( We don’t think you are working as a NOC B job. Due to balance of probabilities we reject your file.)

Second time applied: January 10, 2019 with exact same documents
Medical cleared: Feb 15
March 10 : Eligibility review required

Applied GCMS in June
Waited for 2 months no response

Applied GCMS again in September
Received after 45 days which showed March 10 : Eligibility review required

Contacted MP office same response Eligibility review required
Received my GCMS which i applied earlier in June.

File was not touched for about 10 months. Despite
Applied gcms 2 times .
MP office called on my behalf.
I contacted cic severel times.
Same response every time Eligibility review required we will contact you if an update is made on your file.

Then on November 10 received email which said we are not satisfied with your Eligibility because your wage is low as compared to other same position jobs. You have 7 days to clarify. Then responded with the help of a lawyer with a letter.

December 10 received email of approval and Appointment at Vancouver office On jan 6, 2020.
Received PR card on Jan 15
Work permit was due to expire on Jan 29,2020

So Second File applied was approved in exactly 12 months.

Calling cic
Applying gcms
MP office Calling
None of these moved my file.

Reactions: shaizeik