+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting PR Card***Need Travel Document

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Hey Everyone,

I have been waiting for my PR Card for past 5 months as my application was refused twice due to photo issue.
Now, i really need to travel back home and I don't have my PR Card yet.
I need to know, if I can apply for a Travel Document before i travel outside Canada. Or do i have to apply for Travel Document only when i am outside Canada.
I want to travel for 10 days only and i don't want to wait long periods for Travel Documents when i am back home. Getting Travel Document from within Canada before I travel will make things alot easier for me.
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Everyone,

I have been waiting for my PR Card for past 5 months as my application was refused twice due to photo issue.
Now, i really need to travel back home and I don't have my PR Card yet.
I need to know, if I can apply for a Travel Document before i travel outside Canada. Or do i have to apply for Travel Document only when i am outside Canada.
I want to travel for 10 days only and i don't want to wait long periods for Travel Documents when i am back home. Getting Travel Document from within Canada before I travel will make things alot easier for me.
Thanks
Hi

No, you can't apply for a PRTD from within Canada.

The other alternative is if you are able to fly to the US. You could then enter Canada at a land border on foot or in a private car without a PR card or PRTD.