+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting PR Application officer DM10032

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
@legalfalcon I have a question for you if you don't mind: in my GSMC notes, I can see that my file was assigned to this officer.
Now I am only waiting for the final decision and my application was not moved to any Local VO. How does it work in this way? Is it the same office that worked on my file that has to make the final decision, or it's a different officer?
I am confused, because many people are transferred to a different office after all stages are been cleared.
Thank you in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question for you if you don't mind: in my GSMC notes, I can see that my file was assigned to this officer.
Now I am only waiting for the final decision and my application was not moved to any Local VO. How does it work in this way? Is it the same office that worked on my file that has to make the final decision, or it's a different officer?
I am confused, because many people are transferred to a different office after all stages are been cleared.
Thank you in advance!
It can be either. There is no set framework for it. Many application will have a decision made before they are transferred to the LVO for PPR. Others will have the final decision being made at the LVO.

It all depends on how your file is processed and transferred. Files are routinely transferred based on workload, staff requirements, administrative reasons etc.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Reactions: JaxT and laila86

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
It can be either. There is no set framework for it. Many application will have a decision made before they are transferred to the LVO for PPR. Others will have the final decision being made at the LVO.

It all depends on how your file is processed and transferred. Files are routinely transferred based on workload, staff requirements, administrative reasons etc.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html
Thank you so much for your reply. Always perfect.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
I received the portal invitation email. Finally some movement. Hope you guys get some good news soon!!
It's finally good to hear! Congratulations!
What's the portal invitation email? You can see final decision on your account?

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
It's finally good to hear! Congratulations!
What's the portal invitation email? You can see final decision on your account?
Just to add - the portal email is sent when an application is placed for virtual landing after all stages pass. Applicant is sent this email from local VO to confirm their address, and once they confirm that applicant is in Canada through their current address the applicant receives login credentials to sign into this portal to upload a digital photo for their PR card and also download their COPR once made available by the IRCC staff (MyCIC will show approval (seen in most cases) only at this stage when COPR is made available for download on the portal). So this is another form of COPR process, first one being where an applicant gets a direct letter after approval in their MyCIC account and they have to mail photos for PR card to the address mentioned on the COPR; and other one is this portal process. Portal info - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Reactions: Cloy812