+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on interview date from Singapore visa office

Takimo

Dec 8, 2018
Need help..
How did you get your COC in Singapore? One of the requirements is to provide a document that IRCC needs a COC? Which document/form i need to submit? THANKS
late reply but coc is certificate of police depend where you are you can get it from a accredited service or police station

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
H
Hi all,
My husband got a letter which was issued by Singapore office on October 19th,2018 that he is in interview qeue , but did not gave any date or time. It's 28th December ,2018 today we haven't heard anything from them, neither they updated in our online portal that he needs an interview. Can anyone please provide me the email address and some related information. Fyi, my husband is living in Bangladesh so if anyone from Bangladesh have same experience can you please share. Thank you
Hi, i am in same situation as you, may I know wht was the outcome of your interview? and did you get PR alrdy?

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
Im in the same boat like you , 31 october 2018 they send us an email that our application is in queue no date set yet .,,, and have past all these time and nothing from them
Hi, i am in same situation as you, may I know wht was the outcome of your interview? and did you get PR alrdy?

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Dear friends,
After inquiring about my PR application, SGVO says my application is in queue for interview. They will inform the interview schedule 1 month before.
My Timeline:
SINP nominee
Applicant: Bangladeshi
Application submitted: jan2019
Transfer to Singapore Visa office: Aug2019
Medical : yet to requested
I was not prepared for such interview . im a bit confused and tensed.
I wd like to know,
a)how long the queue is as i am waiting since aug2019?
b) can you pls share your experience about interview

Last edited:

Takimo

Dec 8, 2018
Dear friends,
After inquiring about my PR application, SGVO says my application is in queue for interview. They will inform the interview schedule 1 month before.
My Timeline:
SINP nominee
I wd like to know,

i will give you what i think base on my wife application (Cambodia)

my application was send on may 23 2018
i was in same position has you took 4-5 month to get any small news then total silent until october 2019 when they request interview.
so how it work i ask many peoples who get sponsor in Cambodia most interview are around november december so i wait 6 month later no new (2018 november and december already pass date for any interview).
They can be 3 reason

- The paper have missing info or some info are confusing to them (which cause to get for sure interview)
- Canada have receive the maximum applicant example this year around 250 000 to 300 000 (gotta wait your turn for next year)
- To many applicants not a lot worker to process all file causing to be slow depend of applicant file and it go back to my second point maximum applicant

If you got interview for my wife it simple took 20 mins a lot of time when application is confusing can take 1 hours and more. Base on my wife experience a lot got 1 hours interview.
They ask where you live ?
Why the person sponsoring you not here or why he didn't come since 1 year for my wife case we got that question
Why this date doesn't add up on this file ? (Just need explain the reason in my case it easy people here is corrupt they just delay paper and ask money)
They gonna check if you have your mobile phone if you chat or have any legit conversation with the sponsor

i give you simple rule that help fast interview
- bring all document relate to application and proof legitimate relation if they ask you something give it (yeah they have the application but just bring in case sometime they don't have complete file)
- Don't and i repeat do not be a storyteller just keep it basic they ask you something give them the answer no lie (they do not care about your situation emotion and sentiment not work. The reason i say you that if your english is poor then you gonna have a translator so don't trust that person to be able to correctly translate 100% of your story so keep it short you don't want to bring more confusing information to them)
- Just remember all date that you wrote on the application marriage, when you meet ect....
- Do not go has a couple to interview it a lot worst if one respond different answer

Hope this help you

aasraful

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Dear friends,
My Timeline:
SINP nominee
I wd like to know,
You have any updates. Please late me know. I am also waiting for interview schedule for my wife in bangladesh.

aasraful

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
IRCC is leveraging new technology in a pilot to digitize paper applications so they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely and at various worksites. In addition to implementing facilitative biometrics measures, IRCC will be piloting, in the upcoming weeks, technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year.
COVID-19 has created uncertainty for Canadians who are sponsoring spouses for permanent residence. We will continue to search for innovative and compassionate ways to reunite families, while following the advice of our public health experts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.
Quotes
“We understand that the last few months have not been easy for those who are far from their loved ones in these difficult times. This is why we are accelerating the approval of spousal applications as much as possible. Our government will continue to find new ways to keep families together.”
– The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html?fbclid=IwAR1bNNemPdAFa9iOHpSh0ZJJBGSsLa4ECK334nCQUK8stq5vkQsWfTsx0_Y

Helen Nguyen

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Dear friends,
My Timeline:
SINP nominee
I wd like to know,
Hello. How everything?