+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting on first stage of PR

Shauna Keane

Apr 18, 2013
Hi folks, ;)

I'm really hoping someone on this can help me. My visa is going to expire on the 24th of this month, I applied for PR over 8 weeks ago but I still have not heard back about whether they have received my payment. I am just wondering, if I go to the board to change my statues to "visitor" before my visa expires, can I still apply for the bridging visa when I do finally hear back and will that automatically change my statues to "implied" statues so I can work straight away? This whole thing has me so confused. I have tried contacting representatives to help me with this but none of them have replied and I am running short on time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Shauna ;D

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Shauna Keane said:
Hi folks, ;)

I'm really hoping someone on this can help me. My visa is going to expire on the 24th of this month, I applied for PR over 8 weeks ago but I still have not heard back about whether they have received my payment. I am just wondering, if I go to the board to change my statues to "visitor" before my visa expires, can I still apply for the bridging visa when I do finally hear back and will that automatically change my statues to "implied" statues so I can work straight away? This whole thing has me so confused. I have tried contacting representatives to help me with this but none of them have replied and I am running short on time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Shauna ;D

Hey Shauna,

if you change your status to visitor you won't be eligible for BOWP, as one of the requirements is that you
hold a valid work permit by the time you apply.
AOR takes 55+ days right now, so you said you're in your 8th week, that'd make it 8 * 5 = 40 days for you.
So about two weeks to go until you can expect your AOR, needed for BOWP application.

Something you could do tho, is prepare your BOWP application right now, and attach
a letter explaining your situation and MAIL, don't apply online, the whole thing off.
This will take some time, and maybe, by the time a VO is assessing the BOWP application you've got
your AOR and based on that they will approve your BOWP.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Keane

Apr 18, 2013
but I thought I could not send off the BOWP until I receive the AOR email? so basically I will be out of work for a few months :(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Shauna Keane said:
but I thought I could not send off the BOWP until I receive the AOR email? so basically I will be out of work for a few months :(
That's why I said, you might be lucky if you mail the BOWP application with Canadapost and
file per paper, because it takes longer to process, and by the time someone assesses your BOWP application
you might've already got your AOR.

Refer to: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-my-bowp-approved-without-submitting-aor-t153061.0.html

There's users who did it that way before.