+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting in IP2, lets connect here!

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
People complaining because Canada decides to do few months of security screening should see how long things take in their OWN countries. Remember I am from Iraq too. If they do not want people from those countries coming then how did i get it in 54 days.
I agree PeeGee its not a right, its a privilege. They gotta do what they gotta do, to ensure that new immigrants are clean. I tell you, many applicants from visa exempt countries go through the same screening btw. So my advice is do not look at it from such a narrow perspective.
Or did we not see the problems that happened in few european countries when they opened the gates to refugees, so the good and bad all went in!
Their published timeline is 6 months or less for 80% of applicants, so they did tell you it might take longer. You should see how long it takes in other places. Did you know that Ireland takes over 18 months to issue a visa to the spouse of a british citizen under eea/eu family visa, and passports stay with them during the whole process. You ask for it back, they cancel your application. Thats just 1 example.
Lets have patience guys, if its meant to be, you will eventually get it sooner or later.
Good luck
Dude you are the one who started this thread and you might want to read that post.

Once you receive the PPR perspective can change. Just try and remember how you felt when didn't have it.

No offence meant

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
This is strange you are telling me not to judge you (even though I didn't and your comment was crystal clear) and at the very same time you're telling me that my wait is nothing in comparison to yours! Impressive Dr! How on earth you came up with such a conclusion that my life is easier than yours! I am not going to start talking about my life since it's my LIFE and I am not seeking any empathy for having miserable life! And regarding my negativity that's another impressive and unfair thing since I tried to correct only one or two comments of yours that were not completely true or right! When you wanna help just help and stop talking about it! I am done with you because apparently there is no way we will have a good conversation here with all of your rudeness and judgments on our lives and waits! Good Luck Dr I think Canada needs people like you to change how things work here!
I understand your feelings Hannan, I hope you will get your PPR the soonest.

Reactions: Hanan22

sat8979

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
I understand your feelings Hannan, I hope you will get your PPR the soonest.
First of all let me thank Dr Feras for starting this thread and helping/guiding those who are desperately waiting for their PPR.

I really don't agree to any of the comments made by "Hanan" and "SFKAS". I know that you are really frustrated with the wait in IP2, but I don't see any point in blaming some stranger who is just here to help others. I read Dr Feras comments and personally for me they seemed logical. I have been to nearly 7 - 8 immigration visa and 1 residency application during my last 5 years. As I did mention earlier, Canadian processing time for my PPR was the fastest for all - faster some some normal visitor visa for certain countries. I am sure that if they are taking longer for your applications, then they might have put some thought over it and definitely there will be some reason why your applications are delayed.

"SFAKS" " Dude you are the one who started this thread and you might want to read that post.Once you receive the PPR perspective can change. Just try and remember how you felt when didn't have it. No offence meant"

Wondering what should have Dr. Feras posted instead of his original post which you felt offended. He is just a normal person like you and me and doesn't have any relation with Canadian Immigration. All he said was to have some patience.

""Hanan" "This is strange you are telling me not to judge you (even though I didn't and your comment was crystal clear) and at the very same time you're telling me that my wait is nothing in comparison to yours! Impressive Dr! How on earth you came up with such a conclusion that my life is easier than yours! I am not going to start talking about my life since it's my LIFE and I am not seeking any empathy for having miserable life! And regarding my negativity that's another impressive and unfair thing since I tried to correct only one or two comments of yours that were not completely true or right! When you wanna help just help and stop talking about it! I am done with you because apparently there is no way we will have a good conversation here with all of your rudeness and judgments on our lives and waits! Good Luck Dr I think Canada needs people like you to change how things work here!"

Really? How old are you? And, give me one good reason why you believe "US Inlands deserve to be PR before anyone else from outland". Best medicine for your frustration is to change your perception. Just consider "Canadian PR as a privilege and not as a right" (as someone mentioned here). If you aren't happy with your application being processed, just pull your application back.

Please, let people help. If you don't have anything good to say, please keep quite and move on, at least don't discourage them.

Sincerely,

- a fellow member who found this thread useful/helpful during IP2.

Last edited:

achan88

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
First of all let me thank Dr Feras for starting this thread and helping/guiding those who are desperately waiting for their PPR.

I really don't agree to any of the comments made by "Hanan" and "SFKAS". I know that you are really frustrated with the wait in IP2, but I don't see any point in blaming some stranger who is just here to help others. I read Dr Feras comments and personally for me they seemed logical. I have been to nearly 7 - 8 immigration visa and 1 residency application during my last 5 years. As I did mention earlier, Canadian processing time for my PPR was the fastest for all - faster some some normal visitor visa for certain countries. I am sure that if they are taking longer for your applications, then they might have put some thought over it and definitely there will be some reason why your applications are delayed.

"SFAKS" " Dude you are the one who started this thread and you might want to read that post.Once you receive the PPR perspective can change. Just try and remember how you felt when didn't have it. No offence meant"

Wondering what should have Dr. Feras posted instead of his original post which you felt offended. He is just a normal person like you and me and doesn't have any relation with Canadian Immigration. All he said was to have some patience.

""Hanan" "This is strange you are telling me not to judge you (even though I didn't and your comment was crystal clear) and at the very same time you're telling me that my wait is nothing in comparison to yours! Impressive Dr! How on earth you came up with such a conclusion that my life is easier than yours! I am not going to start talking about my life since it's my LIFE and I am not seeking any empathy for having miserable life! And regarding my negativity that's another impressive and unfair thing since I tried to correct only one or two comments of yours that were not completely true or right! When you wanna help just help and stop talking about it! I am done with you because apparently there is no way we will have a good conversation here with all of your rudeness and judgments on our lives and waits! Good Luck Dr I think Canada needs people like you to change how things work here!"

Really? How old are you? And, give me one good reason why you believe "US Inlands deserve to be PR before anyone else from outland". Best medicine for your frustration is to change your perception. Just consider "Canadian PR as a privilege and not as a right". If you aren't happy with your application being processed, just pull your application back.

Please, let people help. If you don't have anything good to say, please keep quite and move on, at least don't discourage them.

Sincerely,

+1 to you my friend.

Let us first and foremost remember that everyone here has put in significant effort, time and money in applying for the opportunity to start a life in this new land. And no individual is less or more "deserving" to get this opportunity than anyone else, so there is no use in arguing between inland/outland or european/asian/middle-eastern applicants. Every application is unique in its own right. And every application goes through its own unique stages till the very end. Granted, there might be additional checks/procedures for certain types of applications but in the end, it is all due process. We, sitting behind our keyboards, do not have control over this process. It all depends on the Visa Office, the Officer in charge, the number of applications at the VO, and many other factors. So the only thing to do is to have patience and follow-up as much as we can - send an email, give them a call, order GCMS notes. But bear in mind, nothing that we do has any effect on how they process the application. So instead of being hostile and negative towards people you don't even know beyond their usernames on this forum, we all need to see that everyone here has had their fair share of frustrations and anxiety and all we can do is try and help as much as we can.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I'm glad someone else replied to the "US inland deserve it more" part as I was too furious when I initially read it that I had to withhold my reply. No one is entitled to anything and feeling of superiority towards others is what is causing most of the world's problems which we're trying to avoid by emigrating. I hope cic don't have people checking these comments as it goes against the main concept of everyone is treated as equals with no discrimination or preferential treatment towards anyone.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm glad someone else replied to the "US inland deserve it more" part as I was too furious when I initially read it that I had to withhold my reply. No one is entitled to anything and feeling of superiority towards others is what is causing most of the world's problems which we're trying to avoid by emigrating. I hope cic don't have people checking these comments as it goes against the main concept of everyone is treated as equals with no discrimination or preferential treatment towards anyone.
+1 to you my friend.

Let us first and foremost remember that everyone here has put in significant effort, time and money in applying for the opportunity to start a life in this new land. And no individual is less or more "deserving" to get this opportunity than anyone else, so there is no use in arguing between inland/outland or european/asian/middle-eastern applicants. Every application is unique in its own right. And every application goes through its own unique stages till the very end. Granted, there might be additional checks/procedures for certain types of applications but in the end, it is all due process. We, sitting behind our keyboards, do not have control over this process. It all depends on the Visa Office, the Officer in charge, the number of applications at the VO, and many other factors. So the only thing to do is to have patience and follow-up as much as we can - send an email, give them a call, order GCMS notes. But bear in mind, nothing that we do has any effect on how they process the application. So instead of being hostile and negative towards people you don't even know beyond their usernames on this forum, we all need to see that everyone here has had their fair share of frustrations and anxiety and all we can do is try and help as much as we can.

Really? How old are you? And, give me one good reason why you believe "US Inlands deserve to be PR before anyone else from outland". Best medicine for your frustration is to change your perception. Just consider "Canadian PR as a privilege and not as a right" (as someone mentioned here). If you aren't happy with your application being processed, just pull your application back.

Sincerely,

Negativity and discrimination is everywhere. Thats why some applicants get mad when I put the email for others to contact cic, or when i say they will respond in a day or 2, or when i say hang on good news is round the corner. Because they feel they are the only ones entitled to do so. Sending bad vibes into those hopeful as much as they are. Taking half words and interpreting it the way they like, and thinking they are entitled to make sarcastic judgements of whether canada needs people like us or not. quite astonishing to say the least.
Anyways, lets keep this post going and keep sending hope and positivity around.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I would suggest that instead of giving an execuse to IRCC you should give it to applicants waiting with no clue of what is going on with their applications! No specific details or replies from IRCC and the wait is forever especially for US Inlands who deserve to be PR before anyone else from outland! I don't think you would say what you just said if you're stuck at IP2 fro a year or more!
Why does US Inland deserve a PR more than Outlands?

I love this forum. You learn something new every single day! :D

rjegankumar

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Bengaluru, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
Sitting, waiting, wishing :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FSW-O

AOR: June 9
Meds passed: July 7
Additional docs requested #1: July 15 (travel history form)
Additional docs requested #2: August 2 (military service form)
IP1: July 8
IP2: August 15
PPR: ???
Shoot an email, like I did, if you haven't already done so.

rjegankumar

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Bengaluru, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
11-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
Approaching 30 days in IP2. Not sure what's going on.
I would recommend an email, if no response for a few days, then give them a call. If both of those don't work, order GCMS, and then be patient.

anad120417

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
11-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2018
Approaching 30 days in IP2. Not sure what's going on.
I am on day 36 since IP2. Emailed twice n got exactly the same response about not knowing when my file would be Ready for finalization. Atleast I know my file is still at CPC Ottawa. So no point emailing if you already know your VO. GCMS notes take 30 days to reach but I hope we will get some update by then. Hence better to call.

Nkaur45

Mar 19, 2017
I am on day 36 since IP2. Emailed twice n got exactly the same response about not knowing when my file would be Ready for finalization. Atleast I know my file is still at CPC Ottawa. So no point emailing if you already know your VO. GCMS notes take 30 days to reach but I hope we will get some update by then. Hence better to call.
Even my vo is also ottawa.... I am on ip2 since 9 aug.. dont know when I will get ppr mail