+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for the first PR card

Celloyang

Sep 14, 2018
Hi all,

I landed on August 22nd and still waiting for the initial PR card. Is there a number I could call to check the status because I am planning a trip early November and I am not sure if it would arrive by then.

In addition to it, I read some posts from last year, saying that you need to put name and DOB on the back the photos. However, I am an in-land applicant and did the interview at Vancouver office in downtown. The officer didn't mention it and he just took two photos away. Is there any problem with it? I am worried about photo re-submission which means that I may need to wait longer.

Thanks a lot

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I landed on August 22nd and still waiting for the initial PR card. Is there a number I could call to check the status because I am planning a trip early November and I am not sure if it would arrive by then.

In addition to it, I read some posts from last year, saying that you need to put name and DOB on the back the photos. However, I am an in-land applicant and did the interview at Vancouver office in downtown. The officer didn't mention it and he just took two photos away. Is there any problem with it? I am worried about photo re-submission which means that I may need to wait longer.

Thanks a lot
Current processing time is 64 days. Its still early to get your PR card.

The photo on the COPR does not need to be signed with DOB on the back. Try adding your application in myCIC account where you applied for your PR card and look for the current status of your card.

Follow this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Where in brampton are mississauga can I get photo specifications for my pr card application
Print the specifications and take to any place that says they do passport or identification photos. Show them the paper and say you need that. They'll do it special to size.

You can try chain drugstores like Shoppers' (not all stores) but I didn't like the service or quality or price, little shops are better. Walmart with photo shops inside have them too. But again, little shops I've found are generally better.