+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for the Dakar visitor visa office, unreasonable delay.

danedjo2012

Jan 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am creating this forum, to share experiences and knowledge for people, who are a visitor visa applicant from Dakar office.

my different dates:

August 01, 2022, application submitted online.

August 01, 2012 receipt of confirmation of shipment.

past fingerprints in 2019 are still valid. therefore, retained for the new visitor visa application.

Afterwards, a correspondence is sent on October 19, 2022, a week later, a response from them (Dakar Office) that the request is still being processed.

thereafter I sent correspondences but no response from them.

please, thank you for sharing your experiences in order to enrich us and spread out the defects of the Dakar Office compared to the Accra Office which have them a better service (this will put the pressure since it consults in order to be able to improve their service.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
You are obviously not the only one whose application is heavily overdue. I have applied in February 2022 and I am still waiting for a response.

Mind you that they have a 2 million + backlog, so they do not care about you.

danedjo2012

Jan 14, 2023
Thank you reply alex772642,
the Dakar office would have to give us some precision in order to be able to plan. by when we will have a return of our request.
In your case, a year without a return seems abnormal to me.
did you send a correspondence by web form or an email directly to their email?

thank you for continuing to share the updates.

@ali@hus

Aug 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am creating this forum, to share experiences and knowledge for people, who are a visitor visa applicant from Dakar office.

my different dates:

August 01, 2022, application submitted online.

August 01, 2012 receipt of confirmation of shipment.

past fingerprints in 2019 are still valid. therefore, retained for the new visitor visa application.

Afterwards, a correspondence is sent on October 19, 2022, a week later, a response from them (Dakar Office) that the request is still being processed.

thereafter I sent correspondences but no response from them.

please, thank you for sharing your experiences in order to enrich us and spread out the defects of the Dakar Office compared to the Accra Office which have them a better service (this will put the pressure since it consults in order to be able to improve their service.
Man, I have been waiting since May 8 2022, over 8 months now and no response. The processing time now has changed to 488 days!!!

@ali@hus

Aug 13, 2022
Man, I have been waiting since May 8 2022, over 8 months now and no response. The processing time now has changed to 488 days!!!
it dropped today to 462 days which means they hv started clearing backlog. 3 weeks ago it was 530 days, then 488 and today 462 days, hope this means things started to move!

danedjo2012

Jan 14, 2023
You are obviously not the only one whose application is heavily overdue. I have applied in February 2022 and I am still waiting for a response.

Thank you reply i know there are some who took longer, but I learned that we have to start processing visitor visas again. since before they favored study permits since it was more of a priority than visitors.

danedjo2012

Jan 14, 2023
Thank you reply alex772642,
the Dakar office would have to give us some precision in order to be able to plan. by when we will have a return of our request.
In your case, a year without a return seems abnormal to me.
did you send a correspondence by web form or an email directly to their email?

thank you for continuing to share the updates.
Thank you the reply , yes send one some end december I got anything answear for now but before december like october he retour me thougth email that my request is on processus.