+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Status-student Visa

Ashmurari

Mar 2, 2017
Hi,
This is Ashwini, resident of Hyderabad,

Completed my masters in pharmaceutical chemistry from Lovely Professional University, 2013., and working as PHARMA Quality Analyst since 2014,
I got married and then applied for Masters in administrative sciences @Fairleigh Dickinson university Vancouver, Canada. (Oct 2016)
Unfortunately on the day (feb 16) before getting offer letter (for may-2017)from college,, Diagnosed with Pulmonary Tuberculosis..
but did not give up., postponed to jan 2018 intake and completed treatment, and when I went for medicals (July 2017) they asked for sputum culture after completion of treatment (Aug 2017).
Fortunately culture reports came out negative (October 15)

Paid GIC for one year and college fee for one year and got an acceptance letter (oct 20-2017)

Finally after exactly one ☝ year from the day of application on October 31-2017 we filed for visa offline..
Today 01 nov 2017 omg am so nervous... and eagerly tracking it through vfc site after every 30 min ( I know it’s funny)..and yes am waiting ...

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,
This is Ashwini, resident of Hyderabad,

Completed my masters in pharmaceutical chemistry from Lovely Professional University, 2013., and working as PHARMA Quality Analyst since 2014,
I got married and then applied for Masters in administrative sciences @Fairleigh Dickinson university Vancouver, Canada. (Oct 2016)
Unfortunately on the day (feb 16) before getting offer letter (for may-2017)from college,, Diagnosed with Pulmonary Tuberculosis..
but did not give up., postponed to jan 2018 intake and completed treatment, and when I went for medicals (July 2017) they asked for sputum culture after completion of treatment (Aug 2017).
Fortunately culture reports came out negative (October 15)

Paid GIC for one year and college fee for one year and got an acceptance letter (oct 20-2017)

Finally after exactly one ☝ year from the day of application on October 31-2017 we filed for visa offline..
Today 01 nov 2017 omg am so nervous... and eagerly tracking it through vfc site after every 30 min ( I know it’s funny)..and yes am waiting ...
Hey you applied from which VAC?
And don't worry it take some rest for 2 weeks and then track your application.
I also applied on 31st October.
BTW have you linked your offline profile to Online profile?
If not then follow this procedure:

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

Ashmurari

Mar 2, 2017
Hey you applied from which VAC?
And don't worry it take some rest for 2 weeks and then track your application.
I also applied on 31st October.
BTW have you linked your offline profile to Online profile?
If not then follow this procedure:

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.
That is really good one to try.. will try now.. and I applied in Hyderabad to Bangalore VAC..
what about yours?

Ashmurari

Mar 2, 2017
Thank you buddy. I made it. Linked my application to online, and got a call in the evening from diagnostics , where I had given medicals, and asked about my treatment details that last day of my treatment... as they got a mail from IRCC..

Last edited: