+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for spouse’s sponsorship application

Amrit9291

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,
I’ve applied for my spouse’s permanent resudency application in july 2020 and did not received file number until now. I got married in jan 2020 and came back to canada in march 2020 and I am permanent residence since nov 1st 2019.
i am planning to go back india in jan 2021 since I am waiting for my application processing.
is there any particular time period for which I can stay in india? Or I can stay 2-3 months since I am waiting and already waited 6 months in canada?
my lawyer said that its a law that 66% of the time, since the day you apply, sponsor has to be physically present in canada, is it true? Because I could not find it on cic

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,
I’ve applied for my spouse’s permanent resudency application in july 2020 and did not received file number until now. I got married in jan 2020 and came back to canada in march 2020 and I am permanent residence since nov 1st 2019.
i am planning to go back india in jan 2021 since I am waiting for my application processing.
is there any particular time period for which I can stay in india? Or I can stay 2-3 months since I am waiting and already waited 6 months in canada?
my lawyer said that its a law that 66% of the time, since the day you apply, sponsor has to be physically present in canada, is it true? Because I could not find it on cic
Yes you should stay inside Canada when spousal application is being processed but short trips like 2-3 weeks is fine . If you stay more outside Canada application can be declined.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What is minimum,? Is it 2-3 weeks, or atleast I can stay 3-4 weeks ?
You will not find a precise definition. The longer you stay abroad, the higher the risk. My suggestion would be 3weeks is low risk, and over four weeks not at all recommended. In between is in between - some risk,and I cannot say high or medium - as noted, 'it can be declined.'

Others may disagree with that broad formulation.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Amrit9291

Sep 21, 2018
You will not find a precise definition. The longer you stay abroad, the higher the risk. My suggestion would be 3weeks is low risk, and over four weeks not at all recommended. In between is in between - some risk,and I cannot say high or medium - as noted, 'it can be declined.'

Ok. Thank you. I have applied application through consultants and it got submitted in first week of july(thats what they’ve been telling me) and it almost mid december and we did not receive any file number(not even temporary). Have any idea how long will take more because i knew 2 of my acquantances got their file number in first week of nov and they had applied in aug only.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok. Thank you. I have applied application through consultants and it got submitted in first week of july(thats what they’ve been telling me) and it almost mid december and we did not receive any file number(not even temporary). Have any idea how long will take more because i knew 2 of my acquantances got their file number in first week of nov and they had applied in aug only.
Suggest you check the july thread and the trackers:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2020-outland-spousal-sponsorship.692585/page-30#post-9049501

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi. This did not answer my questions
Did you read the whole discussion?? There is a spreadsheet that tracks some of the memebers who applied in July 2020 outland (similar time frame as yours)

This is a snapshot of it. Most people hasn't reported back for AOR1 yet. Your consultant is correct about you needing to stay in Canada while the application is being processed. You could take the risk of having long visits in India. But if your application got refused, you have no one else to blaim.

# of Applicants85%Last Processed
# of AOR11315.29%2020-07-31
# of SA1011.76%2020-07-31
# Of Biometrics Passed33.53%2020-07-31
# of Medicals Passed55.88%2020-07-31
# of Moved to VO67.06%2020-07-31
# of AOR222.35%2020-07-10
# of DM00.00%N/A
# of PPR00.00%N/A
# of Passport Received00.00%N/A
# of COPR00.00%N/A

Amrit9291

Sep 21, 2018
Hello,
I do understand about me staying in canada and I am perfectly fine with just going for 2 weeks as I dont want to risk my spouse’s application.
But honestly I dont understand few terminologies such as AOR1, SA, DM, AOR2 etc and thats why I didnt understand some part of it and thats why I asked again. But never-mind, I guess Nobody cares if someone dont understand some part due to certain terms. If I could had applied by myself, in that case I might had known these terms but I DIDNOt apply my application by myself. Thank you for your feedback

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But honestly I dont understand few terminologies such as AOR1, SA, DM, AOR2 etc and thats why I didnt understand some part of it and thats why I asked again. But never-mind, I guess Nobody cares if someone dont understand some part due to certain terms. If I could had applied by myself, in that case I might had known these terms but I DIDNOt apply my application by myself. Thank you for your feedback
All of this info is available such as what terms mean with simple searches on the internet.

Here's a link that may help with the acronyms.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=0

Reactions: YVR123

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry

as per your definition one cannot even stay out of Canada for even 3 weeks