17-04-2019
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Hello everyone,

My husband's visitor extension was refused, so we applied for my husband's restoration of Status end of July 2018, we are still waiting for an answer, we are almost ready to send the Spousal Sponsorship application, any idea of what might happen if the Restoration Application is refused before we send the Spousal Sponsorship application?

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone,

My husband's visitor extension was refused, so we applied for my husband's restoration of Status end of July 2018, we are still waiting for an answer, we are almost ready to send the Spousal Sponsorship application, any idea of what might happen if the Restoration Application is refused before we send the Spousal Sponsorship application?

Thank you!
He will have to leave Canada. Simply submitting a PR application, even with an OWP application attached, will not restore status or provide fresh status. There is no "implied status" if he is already out of status. It's a common misconception that a PR application provides status; it does not.

Sep 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
He will have to leave Canada. Simply submitting a PR application, even with an OWP application attached, will not restore status or provide fresh status. There is no "implied status" if he is already out of status. It's a common misconception that a PR application provides status; it does not.
I was told by different lawyers that he is able to remain in Canada while the PR application is in process even if he is out of status.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I was told by different lawyers that he is able to remain in Canada while the PR application is in process even if he is out of status.
What that actually means is that they (CBSA) may defer deporting him. That is all...

Reactions: sukh1996

1887CAN

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
He can stay in Canada out of status whilst the PR application is in process, however, applying for an OWP with no valid status would be pointless as it would simply be declined.

IRCC allows the processing of PR applications with no valid status, there’s been plenty of cases of people who’ve overstayed for years being eventually approved for PR. It should be noted that IRCC does not enforce immigration violations, the CBSA does. IRCC allowing him to stay has no effect on what the CBSA does. If the CBSA flags him for removal, he would have to comply or face being barred from re-entry.

You husband having failed to extend a visa could mean that the CBSA will be monitoring his movements. No-one other that the CBSA will know for certain. If a lawyer has advised you to file inland, I’d proceed quickly. Get the application in and await restoration of status. If that fails, it’s out of your hands hereafter.

Reactions: barrerasaldana

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
He can stay in Canada out of status whilst the PR application is in process, however, applying for an OWP with no valid status would be pointless as it would simply be declined.

IRCC allows the processing of PR applications with no valid status, there’s been plenty of cases of people who’ve overstayed for years being eventually approved for PR. It should be noted that IRCC does not enforce immigration violations, the CBSA does. IRCC allowing him to stay has no effect on what the CBSA does. If the CBSA flags him for removal, he would have to comply or face being barred from re-entry.

You husband having failed to extend a visa could mean that the CBSA will be monitoring his movements. No-one other that the CBSA will know for certain. If a lawyer has advised you to file inland, I’d proceed quickly. Get the application in and await restoration of status. If that fails, it’s out of your hands hereafter.

Hi, I am now waiting for my visitor record extension and I am afraid that they would refuse it since it would be the third time for me to extend one.
My partner will be able to sponsor me in March next year, but if my visa got refused, we would not be able to maintain 12 months of cohabitation.

My questions are:

Should I try to restore my status as a visitor and apply for sponsorship after? Or, Is it better for us to leave and return in a short period of time? That said, we go on a-week vacation and re-enter.
I am from a visa-exempt country so I can come with eTA. Because the processing time for restoring a status seems very long, I hope I can get a new visa by re-entry instead of restoration.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Has your husband got his visitor visa, yet?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am now waiting for my visitor record extension and I am afraid that they would refuse it since it would be the third time for me to extend one.
My partner will be able to sponsor me in March next year, but if my visa got refused, we would not be able to maintain 12 months of cohabitation.

My questions are:

Should I try to restore my status as a visitor and apply for sponsorship after? Or, Is it better for us to leave and return in a short period of time? That said, we go on a-week vacation and re-enter.
I am from a visa-exempt country so I can come with eTA. Because the processing time for restoring a status seems very long, I hope I can get a new visa by re-entry instead of restoration.
Better to apply for Restoration than to try to do a border run.

newUser111

Jul 30, 2018

My questions are:

Hi there,
I am in the same situatio. Could u please share your experience? Did you apply for sponsorship first and then restoration as a visitor? Did your visitor visa restoration got approved?

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
I am in same Situation
My visitiv visa extension refused and now I am applying for restoration of my status
Did your husband got the approval of restoration of the status ????
Did he got his PR ?
I am in same boat

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi there,
I am in the same situatio. Could u please share your experience? Did you apply for sponsorship first and then restoration as a visitor? Did your visitor visa restoration got approved?
Hi how are you ? I am in same situation too

Sep 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Hello,

We sent our spousal application after our Restoration was refused. Our application has been smooth as of now we did medical, sent additional docs, sent our police certificate etc, we are in the Background Check part now, after that comes the final decision.. my husband stayed with me in Canada (no work permit) so we cannot wait for this process to be over so he can start working. BTW we did keep our lawyer and he is helping us with everything.

To people going through the same situation, wish you all the best, this process can be nerve wrecking ...

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Best of luck ,I hope your husband will get PR soon
Hello,

We sent our spousal application after our Restoration was refused. Our application has been smooth as of now we did medical, sent additional docs, sent our police certificate etc, we are in the Background Check part now, after that comes the final decision.. my husband stayed with me in Canada (no work permit) so we cannot wait for this process to be over so he can start working. BTW we did keep our lawyer and he is helping us with everything.

To people going through the same situation, wish you all the best, this process can be nerve wrecking ...[/QUOT

Reactions: barrerasaldana