+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card for more than 2 months

ek_cool

Nov 26, 2014
Hi,

I landed on 4th of april 2016 in a local cic office, and I'm yet to receive the PR card in mail. I have been delaying my travel outside the country and I would like to know if this is the expected waiting time.

Please let me know if there is any way we can track or follow up.

Thanks!

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
ek_cool said:
Hi,

I landed on 4th of april 2016 in a local cic office, and I'm yet to receive the PR card in mail. I have been delaying my travel outside the country and I would like to know if this is the expected waiting time.

Please let me know if there is any way we can track or follow up.

Thanks!
There is no way to track the status of the card. However, according to the CIC, current processing time is 58 days, which your card has exceeded. I'd advise you call the CIC contact centre and ask what the status is for your card. Most likely it is on the way. Individuals who landed in the first week of April have been receiving their cards this week, but give them a call...

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
any idea why it takes so long? are they doing any further verifications? or is it just a slow process?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
next2015 said:
There is no way to track the status of the card. However, according to the CIC, current processing time is 58 days, which your card has exceeded. I'd advise you call the CIC contact centre and ask what the status is for your card. Most likely it is on the way. Individuals who landed in the first week of April have been receiving their cards this week, but give them a call...
I assume 58 days is in relation to where they are currently processing cards? So they are now processing cards from around 58 days ago?
As opposed to it being any requests that go in now... are estimated to take 58 days?

Are the cards send by any decent carrier or just basic Canada Post and a hope that they actually get delivered? Which seems flawed given how valued they are meant to be (to criminals)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
jc94 said:
Are the cards send by any decent carrier or just basic Canada Post and a hope that they actually get delivered? Which seems flawed given how valued they are meant to be (to criminals)
sent by good old canada post. pretty sure they are why it took me 6 months to get mine. there was sewer construction on my street when it first was delivered, and we weren't getting our mail. i assume it got sent back to CIC and filed until I submmitted a pr card inquiry form because i got it 2 weeks after sending my inquiry.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
jc94 said:
I assume 58 days is in relation to where they are currently processing cards? So they are now processing cards from around 58 days ago?
As opposed to it being any requests that go in now... are estimated to take 58 days?

The 58 days are from your day of landing up to delivery of the card to your address. However, the processing time changes depending on the number of cases they have to process - refer to the CIC site. Most people receive their cards on the 60th day after landing, if they had no problems with their photo.

Soonest

Sep 4, 2015
We landed april 29 2016. Until now i did not received the pr card, i faxed the solemn declaration not received. How long do i wait for our pr card. Please give me some idea what to do.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Soonest said:
We landed april 29 2016. Until now i did not received the pr card, i faxed the solemn declaration not received. How long do i wait for our pr card. Please give me some idea what to do.
Current time is 59 days. Assuming you landed late, April 30th to now is 59 days.

I'd wait until Monday and contact the CIC to ask if it's on the way. There won't be any post (or anyone answering phones at the CIC) on Friday of course.

Frustrating I know, me too and I'm only 23 days in.