+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card 2019.......timeline, landing etc

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
HI, yes the PR card photos are the ones which we submit to them along with the COPR copy while landing. They return the copy without the photo and keep the one with photo on it. But after my landing, I got a photo retake request letter from IRCC stating that, the photo submitted was not according to the specifications. So, they asked me to submit two new photos for PR card processing. In that letter, it was mentioned, the photos should be mailed within 180 days from the date of this letter. That is why I was a bit concerned as my 180 time period is almost over, and they have not acknowledged the receipt of the photo. But I got the request letter on Feb 13, 2020 and the photos were delivered at the card processing center on Feb 26, 2020.
Really? I just checked my COPR copy and it has my photo attached to it. Is there something wrong?

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
Nope. One copy of my COPR had my photo on it and the other didnt. But the photo was returned along with them in the envelope.
Yeah but when you landed, the officer took the COPR copy with the photo and gave you the copy with out the photo? Cause it seems my case was the opposite

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
That explains the card delay..........

The officer probably switched the COPR copies. What do I need to do now?! Am I still a PR or not
Does your COPR says client copy at the bottom of the page. If so then no issue as it is yours. Otherwise, you can send a webform and explain them what has happened. I am sure you are still a PR and only the COPR copies have been interchanged and not your PR status.

Compos Sui

Aug 11, 2020
hello @ll,

Just an update on my application. I was PR on July 10, we sent one photo and the COPR the same day, they arrived on July 14 and Today in our GKEY we have been approved and looks like that they have mailed our Cards.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
I have noticed we have the same timeline, same kind of paper based application and our dependents are abroad. CPC Ottawa has received copy of my passport on March 19th whereas my dependents, living in my home country, sent their copies of the passports to Paris VO. They got their COPR on the first week of April and I have not.
Despite multiple emails, webforms and calls all I got was very generic answers.
Last week, through another webform, I emphasized that my dependents can come to Canada anytime as soon as I am granted Permanent Residency status. Yesterday, I got a reply from them asking for the applicants current residential address.
I have noticed you have received COPR and you are PR since July 10th.
My questions for you are:
Did you inform them that your dependents were ready to travel?!
Did you got any communication from IRCC before they issued your COPR?!

I would like to thank you in advance for any inputs about this because I am freaking tired of waiting and waiting and waiting. And waiting some more.
Thanks.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
Does your COPR says client copy at the bottom of the page. If so then no issue as it is yours. Otherwise, you can send a webform and explain them what has happened. I am sure you are still a PR and only the COPR copies have been interchanged and not your PR status.
I called IRCC and got transferred to immigration. They told me that there was a new photograph request in March. I might have missed it.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I called IRCC and got transferred to immigration. They told me that there was a new photograph request in March. I might have missed it.
Ok. So you have to send a new photograph is it? And that must be the delay in processing the card I guess, which is the same in my case.

radi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi everybody, i'm waiting for pnp pr August 09, 2019 and my last update February 18,2020 and nothing recieved after that is it anybody has the same timeline as me here can tell me what's going on