+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card 2019.......timeline, landing etc

Iam_cracker

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
hello @ll,

Just an update on my application. I was PR on July 10, we sent one photo and the COPR the same day, they arrived on July 14 and Today in our GKEY we have been approved and looks like that they have mailed our Cards.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
That was quick

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Has any body who landed in Feb 2020 received the PR card. No update from IRCC, I am worried that my 180 day timeline for photo re-submission expires on August 08, 2020. I have sent the photos already, but still no news on PR card. In the meantime, I got my PRTD approved.
Can you get PRTD from within Canada?

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys, I just sent my pr photo and COPR to IRCC and it shows delivered, but I didn't get any response. Can you tell me how to check the status of the PR card application? Thanks.
You can add your application/track with the details (UCI etc.) but that doesn't work always. I have never been able to get it to work.

Did you send the IRCC copy of the COPR only?

Reactions: gokul0989

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
hello @ll,

Just an update on my application. I was PR on July 10, we sent one photo and the COPR the same day, they arrived on July 14 and Today in our GKEY we have been approved and looks like that they have mailed our Cards.

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
How did you add it to your profile (for tracking)? It always shows "Not Found" when I try. Sent photo and they were received in June 4th.

bramp_champ

Jul 31, 2020
Hi All, got update in my account today - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. "

I'm outland applicant (EE-FSW)
Landed - June 16 Totonto
First GU - July 30
Approved - July 31

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Just called them. They said there seems to be nothing wrong with my file and the delay is just due to covid. I have no idea whats going on. People who landed after me within 3 months are getting their card!
Ok. Its glad that the delay is only due to covid. I will try mailing them again and see what update they provide.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
Has any body who landed in Feb 2020 received the PR card. No update from IRCC, I am worried that my 180 day timeline for photo re-submission expires on August 08, 2020. I have sent the photos already, but still no news on PR card. In the meantime, I got my PRTD approved.
By the way when I called them ,I asked if there is an expiry date for the photos and they said there's no expiry. What is that 180 day timeline you are talking about? The PR card photos are the ones we submitted with with the passport when our application got approved right?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
By the way when I called them ,I asked if there is an expiry date for the photos and they said there's no expiry. What is that 180 day timeline you are talking about? The PR card photos are the ones we submitted with with the passport when our application got approved right?
HI, yes the PR card photos are the ones which we submit to them along with the COPR copy while landing. They return the copy without the photo and keep the one with photo on it. But after my landing, I got a photo retake request letter from IRCC stating that, the photo submitted was not according to the specifications. So, they asked me to submit two new photos for PR card processing. In that letter, it was mentioned, the photos should be mailed within 180 days from the date of this letter. That is why I was a bit concerned as my 180 time period is almost over, and they have not acknowledged the receipt of the photo. But I got the request letter on Feb 13, 2020 and the photos were delivered at the card processing center on Feb 26, 2020.