AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
I don't understand all the fuss regarding the new photo requirements:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

See section 7.8

In cases where a client reports for the interview without a satisfactory photograph, or other
information is missing, as per R58(1)(a) and (b), the officer may adjourn the interview and
invite the client to return at a later date in order to allow the client to comply with any
outstanding requirements.

IRCC offices are equipped with cameras to retake photographs according to the
specifications in Appendix A, if required
. Local procedures may allow for immediate retakes
of photos as part of the examination if all other requirements are met.

So...why can't they just take the new picture at the landing interview, as mentioned in their own enforcement manual?!
You know the answer to that one Ponga, because they're neanderthals. They simple can't understand potato, or photo, or whatever that new-fangled non-bone tool/weapon thing it was that could fix the non-compliance issue.

The second failure point is the fact that people working for CIC are far too stupid to understand how the tiny little bubble they are supposed to know about works.
CIC regularly misleads applicants into applying the wrong way, and generally when they may seem to be giving sound, expert advise, they are just making it up and are usually wrong about everything they say.
The person at the landing interview has no idea the requirements have changed, they simply don't know, and they are too lazy to do whatever they need to do to stay up-to-date.

Regardless of their inability to recognize an incorrect photo, and their inability to take a photo, the system still breaks down with the fact that on January 4th, all PR cards that were still in the system "being processed" had the old photo size.
The blundering idiots at CIC, instead of accepting the old size anyway for photos that were already submitted, instead of immediately informing all the people with cards in the system that new photos had to be submitted, instead of being reasonable humans who use indoor plumbing, they decide to wait 3 months *then* tell everyone to submit new photos.

There's almost nothing more I can say about CIC than plain simple vulgarity.
I think everyone should mail bricks to CIC's offices.
It's just absurd, I mean, they could fire every single person at CIC, do nothing for a full year, hire a Cabbage Patch Doll to be the new Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, then hire anyone off the street to replace their workforce, and no one would notice any difference in service.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
I agree.... they are just not competent or willing enough to take the extra step.

Roozirooti

Star Member
Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012 - PCC requested by LVO and submitted in Sep.
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
June-July 2013
Interview........
waived-Status change to In process on July 8, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on Feb 05 2016
It's been 45 days after landing....no news for PR cards....no request for any additional information/photo requirement.....please advise folks....should I call CIC

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Roozirooti said:
It's been 45 days after landing....no news for PR cards....no request for any additional information/photo requirement.....please advise folks....should I call CIC
Calling CIC is pretty much completely useless as they are morons.
If you have waited less than 200 days they will not help you, they won't even look up your file.

If you submitted the old style pictures you will need to resubmit them.

andywendy

Oct 4, 2015
Hi guys,

Landed November 14th , called Cic on febuary 18th and they sent me an email to send new pictures . I sent the pictures on febuary 22 and they received it on 25 febuary . I called this morning and the Cic agent tell me they have not heard from the processing center . Anybody in this situation or anybody know the time frame before the card is being sent out .

Thanks !

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
andywendy said:
Hi guys,

Landed November 14th , called Cic on febuary 18th and they sent me an email to send new pictures . I sent the pictures on febuary 22 and they received it on 25 febuary . I called this morning and the Cic agent tell me they have not heard from the processing center . Anybody in this situation or anybody know the time frame before the card is being sent out .

Thanks !
you can submit an inquiry request to the PR Card processing centre (it's an actual form you need to fill out, sign and return back to them). when you call the main number, there should be an option that directs you to the PR card processing center. after submitting an inquiry request, i received my card quickly.

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
andywendy said:
Could I get the number to call and also what's the form called

Thanks !
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-pr-card-after-landing-add-your-case-here-t162351.7425.html

Found from there

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
From the time you land and validate CoPR (Outland Application) ... how long does it take for the PR Card to appear on ECAS as "In Process" ? Does anyone have any experience with this?

When submitting a request for urgent processing, the CIC website has different methods for expediting a PR card, due to upcoming travel, depending if the PR card application shows in process or not. If it is "In Process" you can submit a case inquiry online, but if it isn't yet "In Process" the website states you should reapply for a new card.

My wife and I have an appt to land in early April here in Canada. She is traveling out of the country by plane in early July, which will roughly be within 3 months of the landing. Ideally, we would like to submit a case specific inquiring ASAP once we apply if the system will let us.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
tom_from_sk said:
From the time you land and validate CoPR (Outland Application) ... how long does it take for the PR Card to appear on ECAS as "In Process" ? Does anyone have any experience with this?

When submitting a request for urgent processing, the CIC website has different methods for expediting a PR card, due to upcoming travel, depending if the PR card application shows in process or not. If it is "In Process" you can submit a case inquiry online, but if it isn't yet "In Process" the website states you should reapply for a new card.

My wife and I have an appt to land in early April here in Canada. She is traveling out of the country by plane in early July, which will roughly be within 3 months of the landing. Ideally, we would like to submit a case specific inquiring ASAP once we apply if the system will let us.
Correct me if I wrong, but the situation with the urgent processing is applicable only for renewal of pr car, not for the first one. Therefore there is no way to expedite it.

tom_from_sk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
As far as I can see... yes, you can request it to be expedited if you are traveling in 6-12 weeks (by selecting the buttons on the CIC website)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

Am I missing something?

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
tom_from_sk said:
As far as I can see... yes, you can request it to be expedited if you are traveling in 6-12 weeks (by selecting the buttons on the CIC website)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

Am I missing something?
True, it doesn't say that you cannot, sorry for misleading info. However, you don't directly apply for your initial pr card. Right after you land, the officer submits the application for a card by himself. Also the waiting time for pr card right now is 49 days, which is less then even 6 weeks, so urgent processing is not even the best option. Again, this is just my understanding. Good luck with landing)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I realise this is a bit out of topic...but how detailed does one have to be in listing all the "settler's effects" for bring back to Canada? I lived with my husband while we were waiting for our application to be processed and brought various things (like camping / outdoor gear, etc) with me on multiple trips as the need arose.

So we are making our list of things that we are bringing back to Canada. I'm going to list all of the things that I had originally brought from Canada even if I don't have proof - what can I do. I know it's best to be honest (and they are used). How detailed do I need to be? i.e. I have climbing gear - do I need to list each and every carabiner with make / model / serial number? is the value supposed to be current value (i.e. what I could get now if I sold the item used) or how much they were new? I will make sure my list is broken down into three - my husband's effects, items I purchased abroad, and items I brought from Canada to use while away.

do I have to itemize the clothing? can I just list "clothing articles", "household cleaning supplies", etc (I know...we will likely give away stuff - but just for the purpose of example)

I do not qualify as a "returning resident" as I did not have residence status in the UAE for longer than one year, and I've returned to Canada to visit within the past year.

I would love to hear your experiences with customs on arrival...

Thank you !

C.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
chilkootcee said:
I realise this is a bit out of topic...but how detailed does one have to be in listing all the "settler's effects" for bring back to Canada? I lived with my husband while we were waiting for our application to be processed and brought various things (like camping / outdoor gear, etc) with me on multiple trips as the need arose.

So we are making our list of things that we are bringing back to Canada. I'm going to list all of the things that I had originally brought from Canada even if I don't have proof - what can I do. I know it's best to be honest (and they are used). How detailed do I need to be? i.e. I have climbing gear - do I need to list each and every carabiner with make / model / serial number? is the value supposed to be current value (i.e. what I could get now if I sold the item used) or how much they were new? I will make sure my list is broken down into three - my husband's effects, items I purchased abroad, and items I brought from Canada to use while away.

do I have to itemize the clothing? can I just list "clothing articles", "household cleaning supplies", etc (I know...we will likely give away stuff - but just for the purpose of example)

I do not qualify as a "returning resident" as I did not have residence status in the UAE for longer than one year, and I've returned to Canada to visit within the past year.

I would love to hear your experiences with customs on arrival...

Thank you !

C.
Out of topic for this particular thread, you'd be better served in the 2014 or 2015, or 2016 threads, but....
My experience is that we listed thing that we obtained within the last 6 months, and everything else was "clothes", "bedroom furniture", etc...
According to whatever I read back then, stuff that was old and had been owned by us for a long time didn't matter.
The value of used clothes is essentially zero, which is probably why they don't care.
When we actually went through customs we found that they didn't even care about the list, all they cared about was having a list of items that were "to follow", as in, items not coming with you on your first crossing.

That "to follow" list is important, because you won't be taxed for items on that list as long as their value isn't greater than $10,000.

Vincycanadian

Mar 27, 2016
458_Bridge said:
Processing times now are 105 DAYS, SO I WOULD ADD THE 42 DAY MAILING TIME ON TOP OF THE 105 DAYS, THATS A GOOD 150 DAYS.
need some help new here don't even know where to write my question lol,my husband and I have been at it since 2013 ,every time I check the status it say in processing but for over a week now it says decision made online do they usually have a decision made before passport request