+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport Request

ab.gov.ca

Apr 10, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send them an email with this information and ask why they have passed timeline posted on line for Makati-Manilla Offices. Also if they don't respond to your email then send them a Fax with all information.

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi ab.gov.ca,

Thanks for the information. I did appreciated it. But my agency here in Canada did already a follow-up letter to the Embassy Manila last March 29, 2010. I heard that the Embassy are "DISCOURAGING" applicants to do follow-ups because it will only cause more delays...But i dont understand that logic, as to why it will cause delay on your papers when you do follow up letter with them. Is it simply because they were annoyed whenever somebody do follow ups? They must understand our situation because its not a joke to be separated with your family especially with your kids because you are working here in Canada and you are waiting too long already for your papers. They said that "Family Reunification" is their primordial concern but how come they are keeping people to wait too long. Im just wondering also how come that applicants back home (Philippines) have a faster processing time as compared to those applicants who are in Canada already working for their country and yet it takes them too long. Anyway, as the saying goes "PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE". There's nothing i can do but to wait. My work permit will expire on July 2010 and my medical will expire October 2010. I hope and pray that the Consul who is reviewing my papers will be enlightened. I will pray for him/her. Again, thank you so much ab.gov.ca...If at the end of May i didnt hear anything from them yet, then thats the time i will do email/fax to them. Take care ab.gov.ca and god bless....By the way, are you also an applicant or somebody from Alberta government? because your username sounds like you are working for the goverment...Just wondering...lol

ab.gov.ca

Apr 10, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Always send fax because it is more effective. They discourage because thier email inbox gets exploded with 4000 emails and it is almost impossible to read evry email. Anyways here is:

Immigration Fax: (63-2) 843-1094/1096, 857-9176/77

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi ab.gov.ca,

I just want to know as to when is the start of counting the processing time for PR application, is it from the time they received your application or from the time they started processing your papers? Please let me know if you have an idea on this matter...thanks

hailo

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8,2009
Doc's Request.
Dec.30,2009
File Transfer...
July 15, 2009
Med's Request
Feb,15,2010
Med's Done....
March 11,2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 28, 2010
LANDED..........
july????
hi i am one of those who are awaiting for the PPR.our medical result was forwarded last march 24 by Nationwide but at the moment i have not receive the PPR yet....am just passing my time reading different threads from different forums...just wanna ask if theres a difference in the processing time between the PNP and FSW applicants.....?i mean as to the speed of processing....thanks....

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Hello everyone

I am in a situation here which could be a similar case for a lot of members here. Its about me starting my case in the United States and because of certain issues, moving back to home country and now wondering about the immigration stamping. Below are the specifics.
I applied through AINP-h1b stream.... Got nominated by Alberta.... Applied to CIC at the end of October 2009.... Lost my Job couldn't find another.... Left for my home country in hope of returning... didn't happen (returning to the U.S. part)....

Now, my Brothers still live at the same address in the US that CIC Buffalo has. So a smooth communication, paperwork exchange with the CIC Buffalo and Honoring CIC requests continued.

February 2010, I get a Medical request. Got those Medicals done from my country and sent ‘em by the end of February. At the beginning of March 2010 I also requested, via an email, a change of address to my home country (scanned the filled change of address form and attached to an email addressed to buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca, but CIC website suggested to also contact local embassy... so I did, via email, with the same message).

But at the Beginning of April 2010, my brother in the US informed me about the request for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee to be paid (without the passport request), which they did right away, and according to USPS tracking system, money orders got to the Buffalo CIC on April 12th.

Optimistically thinking, they might ask soon for my passport for immigration stamping purposes, seems like that will happen at the same address in the US. My questions,

• How can I make this happen, without transferring my case to my home country? (apart from the idea that I actually apply for the visit visa for the US for all of my family members and get it done after getting there)
• Is it allowed to send my passport with someone to the US and get it delivered to the CIC?
• If so will the Canadian immigration people be OK with the idea of getting my passport stamped from Buffalo without us being in the United States? Can this cause any problem when I land Alberta?
• I tried calling Buffalo, but recording says they don't assist for phone enquiries. Is there any other way/method to change address and case transfer to my home country? Or whatever I did is the only thing I can do?
• Will requesting to transfer my case to home country will waste everything and I'd have to start from scratch? (as suggested by Canada Maple International INC. quoting the original reply to the query made by my friend using their services, The Canadian immigration offices do not transfer cases to other countries”)

Any of you have similar experience or have some valid information or suggestion..... Please share, I would really appreciate you help!

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
sirsmak said:
Please Suggest!
Hello everyone

I am in a situation here which could be a similar case for a lot of members here. Its about me starting my case in the United States and because of certain issues, moving back to home country and now wondering about the immigration stamping. Below are the specifics.
I applied through AINP-h1b stream.... Got nominated by Alberta.... Applied to CIC at the end of October 2009.... Lost my Job couldn't find another.... Left for my home country in hope of returning... didn't happen (returning to the U.S. part)....

Now, my Brothers still live at the same address in the US that CIC Buffalo has. So a smooth communication, paperwork exchange with the CIC Buffalo and Honoring CIC requests continued.

February 2010, I get a Medical request. Got those Medicals done from my country and sent ‘em by the end of February. At the beginning of March 2010 I also requested, via an email, a change of address to my home country (scanned the filled change of address form and attached to an email addressed to buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca, but CIC website suggested to also contact local embassy... so I did, via email, with the same message).

But at the Beginning of April 2010, my brother in the US informed me about the request for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee to be paid (without the passport request), which they did right away, and according to USPS tracking system, money orders got to the Buffalo CIC on April 12th.

Optimistically thinking, they might ask soon for my passport for immigration stamping purposes, seems like that will happen at the same address in the US. My questions,

• How can I make this happen, without transferring my case to my home country? (apart from the idea that I actually apply for the visit visa for the US for all of my family members and get it done after getting there)
• Is it allowed to send my passport with someone to the US and get it delivered to the CIC?
• If so will the Canadian immigration people be OK with the idea of getting my passport stamped from Buffalo without us being in the United States? Can this cause any problem when I land Alberta?
• I tried calling Buffalo, but recording says they don't assist for phone enquiries. Is there any other way/method to change address and case transfer to my home country? Or whatever I did is the only thing I can do?
• Will requesting to transfer my case to home country will waste everything and I'd have to start from scratch? (as suggested by Canada Maple International INC. quoting the original reply to the query made by my friend using their services, The Canadian immigration offices do not transfer cases to other countries”)

Any of you have similar experience or have some valid information or suggestion..... Please share, I would really appreciate you help!

medallion67

Mar 22, 2009
hello mga kababayan
just want to ask if i really have to renew my green phil passport to a new machine readable one?
my green passport expiring in oct 2011 pa
currently working here in alberta for 2-1/2 year
i applied under ainp employer driven skilled category
ainp approved last nov 2009
pr application sent jan 2010
right now im waiting for the medical request
so if somebody would be so kind to suggest if i should or shouldnt renew now...
thanks in advance for your suggestion

hailo

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8,2009
Doc's Request.
Dec.30,2009
File Transfer...
July 15, 2009
Med's Request
Feb,15,2010
Med's Done....
March 11,2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 28, 2010
LANDED..........
july????
medallion67 said:
hello mga kababayan
just want to ask if i really have to renew my green phil passport to a new machine readable one?
my green passport expiring in oct 2011 pa
currently working here in alberta for 2-1/2 year
i applied under ainp employer driven skilled category
ainp approved last nov 2009
pr application sent jan 2010
right now im waiting for the medical request
so if somebody would be so kind to suggest if i should or shouldnt renew now...
thanks in advance for your suggestion
hi kabayan,

i had my medicals last march and they sent me various instructions on the next steps that i need to comply.that includes the machine readable passport....i suggests that you should acquire one....my green passport will expire supposedly in 2011 but as per instruction i need to get the machine readable.....goodluck...

medallion67

Mar 22, 2009
@ Hailo

thank you so much for replying, i will follow just what you have suggested...
i will go to toronto this May to visit my sister and the same time renew my passport...
many thanks again
good luck on ur processing...god bless

hailo

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8,2009
Doc's Request.
Dec.30,2009
File Transfer...
July 15, 2009
Med's Request
Feb,15,2010
Med's Done....
March 11,2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 28, 2010
LANDED..........
july????
medallion67 said:
@ Hailo

thank you so much for replying, i will follow just what you have suggested...
i will go to toronto this May to visit my sister and the same time renew my passport...
many thanks again
good luck on ur processing...god bless
no problem goodluck...thanks.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
i have not had to face a situation like your's, but since nobody with experience has responded, i'll take a stab at it. this is what i would have done

sirsmak said:
since you still have a reliable address in the us, continue as if you never left
i don't know the rules, but i believe it is illegal to mail passports between countries. however, i don't think sending it with someone should be a problem, as long as they don't lose it, or worse misuse it! if you have a reliable person traveling to the us, you might consider sending the passport to your brothers with them? your brothers can then mail it to Buffalo
they probably don't give a damn. once you have the visa stamped and you land in canada they don't care if you flew in from the us or pak
i wouldn't try to change the address at this time since A) all you need now is a visa stamp and B) you have a reliable address in the us
i have no clue
Good Luck!

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
Raffy888 said:
Hi ab.gov.ca,

The Embassy also indicated in their letter that the average processing time is 8 months. My question is, when is the 8 months counting starts, is it from the time they received my application (June 15, 2009) or from the time they started processing my papers (September 9, 2009)?
Hi Raffy888,

The long waiting for PPR is very stressful, some got it a month after their med exam and others get it after 7 months. It really depends on the Visa Officer as we don't know the basis of their evaluation. In my opinion the 8 month period starts when they have requested you for a medical examination. Usually in the medical request letter it is specified up to when is their processing times. If at that period there's no movement in your application then that's the time that you will dropby at CEM to present your documents.