+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport Request

beauty

Apr 14, 2008
help naman po... kapag nagsubmit na po ng passport for visa stamping need ba new passport ang isubmit? passport po kasi namin color green pa pero 2012 pa ang expiration... thanks

bluetulip

Star Member
Oct 20, 2009
Hi, beauty. I lifted this from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/NewPassportNouveau2009.aspx

"To ensure timely processing and facilitate your travel, we strongly recommend that you submit the new red-colored passports currently being issued by the Philippines authorities as they are in compliance with the machine-readable passport requirement of the International Civil Aviation Organization."

beauty

Apr 14, 2008
bluetulip said:
Hi, beauty. I lifted this from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/NewPassportNouveau2009.aspx

"To ensure timely processing and facilitate your travel, we strongly recommend that you submit the new red-colored passports currently being issued by the Philippines authorities as they are in compliance with the machine-readable passport requirement of the International Civil Aviation Organization."

thanks bluetulip..

im confused if i will renew it maiiba yung passport number dun sa nilagay ko sa application form for permanent resident is that ok? or its ok if i still submit my passport kung 2012 pa naman ang expiration....

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
Me too. My passport is the old green one with expiration on Nov 2011.

Should I get the new red one now? Need your advice/s fellas.

I'm currently waiting for the embassy to request for my passport. Hopefully within the next 3 months.

Anyone here who already submitted the green one recently?

de_jha_vu

Jan 26, 2010
tsarie said:
Hi All,
We got our PPR last Feb 23. Here's our timeline:
Family of (3) under MPNP through Family Support Stream
Documents to Canada - Dec 2007
LOA - Aug 2009
Documents sent to CEM - Sept 30, 2009
RPRF, AOR & request for addtl docs - Oct 30, 2009
Medical Request - Dec 14, 2009
Medicals done - Dec 18, 2009
Medical results to CEM - Jan 13, 2010
PPR - Feb 23, 2010
Passport sent - Feb 24, 2010
hi tsarie. please update this post when you get your passport back. i just want to know how long will it take for them to release your passport. and within how long should you leave for Canada. i need to have at least 2 months allowance so that i can be cleared in my work and be able to get my quit pay. thanks.

sammy09

Star Member
Sep 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
07-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-10
beauty said:
thanks bluetulip..

im confused if i will renew it maiiba yung passport number dun sa nilagay ko sa application form for permanent resident is that ok? or its ok if i still submit my passport kung 2012 pa naman ang expiration....
no problem.. its ok to renew it now, just notify them and give your new passport details even thought it will expire on 2012 we did the same thing

beauty

Apr 14, 2008
sammy09 said:
no problem.. its ok to renew it now, just notify them and give your new passport details even thought it will expire on 2012 we did the same thing
thanks sammy09,

what if i still used my color green passport... is it ok or got a problem later on?

sammy09

Star Member
Sep 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
07-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-10
beauty said:
thanks sammy09,

what if i still used my color green passport... is it ok or got a problem later on?
they would still prefer the new machine readable passport bluetulip already answer this ;)

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
To sammy09:

May I know how did you notify the embassy when you change your passport from green to red?

Can you pls give me the exact address so that I'll know what to do since my passport right now is still the old green one. I'm going to apply for the new red one next week even though it will not expire until 2011.

Thanks.

sammy09

Star Member
Sep 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
07-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-10
Harry_Tang said:
To sammy09:

May I know how did you notify the embassy when you change your passport from green to red?

Can you pls give me the exact address so that I'll know what to do since my passport right now is still the old green one. I'm going to apply for the new red one next week even though it will not expire until 2011.

Thanks.
I just wrote a simply letter with our passport details, passport number, expiry date, date of issue and attach a photo copy of our passports that's it and dont forget to indicate your file number

embassy of canada
visa section
level 6, tower 2, rcbc plaza
6819 ayala avenue
makati city 1200
philippines

you can send it thru courier or drop box it directly if your just near makati

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
sammy09 said:
I just wrote a simply letter with our passport details, passport number, expiry date, date of issue and attach a photo copy of our passports that's it and dont forget to indicate your file number

embassy of canada
visa section
level 6, tower 2, rcbc plaza
6819 ayala avenue
makati city 1200
philippines

you can send it thru courier or drop box it directly if your just near makati
Thanks bro!!

crizzy

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
beauty said:
help naman po... kapag nagsubmit na po ng passport for visa stamping need ba new passport ang isubmit? passport po kasi namin color green pa pero 2012 pa ang expiration... thanks
Hi Beauty same case as mine. i was advised by my aunt to renew the color green passport to MRP (machine readable) while waiting for the PPR even if that will expire on 2012. Just to be sure.

tsarie

Jan 14, 2010
Hi All,
We received our PPR last week of February. Prior to that, i took th initiative of changing my son's passport from green to machine readable. I didn't write the embassy anymore of the new passport number. We just submitted our passport when the PPR came.