+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for oath - Mississauga office

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
For the love of God.. i simply cannot understand how the hell does the queue system work for Sauga... i cannot understand the rhyme and rhythm the folks are using for inviting ppl for oath. They are blatantly lying about the number of oath ceremonies per day... it can never be more than 100 else we would have got our invites sooner... or is the 60K delay completely in Sauga?

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
For the love of God.. i simply cannot understand how the hell does the queue system work for Sauga... i cannot understand the rhyme and rhythm the folks are using for inviting ppl for oath. They are blatantly lying about the number of oath ceremonies per day... it can never be more than 100 else we would have got our invites sooner... or is the 60K delay completely in Sauga?
True. I know someone who applied in July 2021 and is done with oath. I have reached to my MP 3 times and still no oath invite yet. I wonder what else to do.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My guess is that the 60k was a misleading figure & no one can prove it either way. I've been in the corporate world long enough to understand how metrics are measured and achievement boxes ticked, so no reason to believe that a government department would function any other way.
So far, I've submitted webform, sent a query via MP, written to various emails and the lawyer has advised to wait for 6 months, in light of the new announcements, before filing mandamus. I hope it doesn't come to that. It's a needless expense; one I could do without.

polarburr

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
22-11-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2016
I waited 3 months after completing my citizenship exam before I decided to email our MP, Omar Alghabra. By this time, my application for citizenship has already been with CIC for 2 years and I thought I don't want to wait any longer! The MPs office emailed me back to say that they will have someone take a look at our application. Then within a week, I got an email from CIC that my Oath has been scheduled!

I think its unfair to have our applications just sitting around and all it needs is someone to take a look at it. Those applications that are older and buried should go to the top of the queue!

Reactions: akbardxb

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Anyone still waiting for Oath from Sauga office? Any tips from people who waited and did something that moved their files?
The only options open to applicants:
1. Webform Query
2. Urgent Processing request
3. Email to the processing office
4. ATIP notes
5. Local MP to follow up on status
6. Writ of Mandamus
7. Loads of patience

I sent a snail mail letter to the interviewing officer about a year ago. I found out from my ATIP notes that the letter was received, duly noted, request for expedited processing denied and physical letter attached to my file. Two weeks later, my paper file moved to an 'ageing inventory' list. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll not know. The other option that I used was requesting my MP. They followed up and said everything was ok. Oath should arrive in one-two months. Lawyer had advised to wait for 6 months, with so much that is going on now, before filing mandamus. It's not a cheap option. Anything from $2000 to $7000. I don't have 7k to spend on something which I guess could come if I continue to be patient even after 40 months. So that is the only option I haven't exercised. Hang in there.