+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting For LMIA

Ezeapril8813

Oct 14, 2021
Hi, good afternoon (from Philippines)
I have job offer and contract already from an employer in Alberta, Canada and I am waiting for a positive LMIA. How long does it usually takes? I am applying for a food service supervisor, by the way. The last time I spoke to the immigration consultant was last month Sept. 15. That was also the time I sent to him the scanned signed copy of the job offer and contract. Super duper thank you for all your comments and thoughts on this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
LMIA will take months to process. Then if positive you apply for closed work permit which again can take months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, good afternoon (from Philippines)
I have job offer and contract already from an employer in Alberta, Canada and I am waiting for a positive LMIA. How long does it usually takes? I am applying for a food service supervisor, by the way. The last time I spoke to the immigration consultant was last month Sept. 15. That was also the time I sent to him the scanned signed copy of the job offer and contract. Super duper thank you for all your comments and thoughts on this.
Has Alberta started issuing LMIAs for food industry? It was on pause for at least a year during the pandemic to favour unemployed Albertans.

Ezeapril8813

Oct 14, 2021
Has Alberta started issuing LMIAs for food industry? It was on pause for at least a year during the pandemic to favour unemployed Albertans.
There is a specific NOC that were put on refusal to process LMIA. Fortunately my job title is not included on the list.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Food Service Supervisor doesn't sound like something that a Canadian couldn't do. Are you sure this is legitimate? you will only get a successful LMIA if they can prove that there is nobody in Canada who can do this job.

Ezeapril8813

Oct 14, 2021
Food Service Supervisor doesn't sound like something that a Canadian couldn't do. Are you sure this is legitimate? you will only get a successful LMIA if they can prove that there is nobody in Canada who can do this job.
I do hope so its legit coz my consultant is a member of the ircc.