Gurgaon
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
29-01-2019
Hi, I need a suggestion please,

I have Canada's multiple entry visitor visa, work permit, and COPR. I am still waiting for my first PR card. Can I travel to the US and come back to Canada using my visitor visa. Or, Do I still need PR Travel Document (because this takes months; and I have to come back in a month and a half).

Please suggest!

miguelca

May 6, 2021
COPR is not a travel document

You can surely try.
Usually once you get the COPR the other permits are not longer valid on the IRCC system.
The airline may check with the IRCC DB the validity of the permit, and if it returns invalid, you can’t board the flight.
Once you are in Canada, they cant refuse you entry as PR. But I would expect some pushback from the officer at the POE.

I've read some people saying claiming it worked for them

So… good luck

Reactions: Sukriti_b

Sukriti_b

Jun 19, 2019
Gurgaon
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
29-01-2019
COPR is not a travel document

You can surely try.
Usually once you get the COPR the other permits are not longer valid on the IRCC system.
The airline may check with the IRCC DB the validity of the permit, and if it returns invalid, you can’t board the flight.
Once you are in Canada, they cant refuse you entry as PR. But I would expect some pushback from the officer at the POE.

I've read some people saying claiming it worked for them

So… good luck
Thank you so much for your input!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I need a suggestion please,

I have Canada's multiple entry visitor visa, work permit, and COPR. I am still waiting for my first PR card. Can I travel to the US and come back to Canada using my visitor visa. Or, Do I still need PR Travel Document (because this takes months; and I have to come back in a month and a half).

Please suggest!
You can only come back by land or else you need your PR card or PRTD.