+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for decision on PGWP

Dec 13, 2023
Hi, so I applied for my PGWP in July 2023. Before I was doing bachelors and then I changed my course to 1 year course after 3 years of study and completed it without any break and gap and by being full time student. So after that I applied for my PGWP and I am still waiting on the decision. The processing times have been passed and I am so worried and stressed. I changed my DLI before but my college changed their DLI again so I raised a webform but it never got updated and I raised another webform yesterday. I don’t know what to do.. I am so worried.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, so I applied for my PGWP in July 2023. Before I was doing bachelors and then I changed my course to 1 year course after 3 years of study and completed it without any break and gap and by being full time student. So after that I applied for my PGWP and I am still waiting on the decision. The processing times have been passed and I am so worried and stressed. I changed my DLI before but my college changed their DLI again so I raised a webform but it never got updated and I raised another webform yesterday. I don’t know what to do.. I am so worried.
So you completed the bachelors and then did a one year course? Did you inform IRCC when you changed schools and before starting at the second school? Was it a private school? So you are expecting a one year PGWP? When did your study permit expire? What is your status now?

Dec 13, 2023
No I did not completed the bachelors but I did inform the ircc after changing the schools and the school is also eligible for PGWP. Yes, I am expecting 1 year PGWP. My study permit expired in September. I am on applied status now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I did not completed the bachelors but I did inform the ircc after changing the schools and the school is also eligible for PGWP. Yes, I am expecting 1 year PGWP. My study permit expired in September. I am on applied status now.
Raise a webform and ask. But you had to inform IRCC before changing schools not after. How long after starting the program did you inform IRCC? You started studying without a permit.

Dec 13, 2023
No I had a valid study permit when I changed my schools.. I did inform them right after I got the offer letter from new school with the DLI written on it. I already raised a webform and still waiting for the reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I had a valid study permit when I changed my schools.. I did inform them right after I got the offer letter from new school with the DLI written on it. I already raised a webform and still waiting for the reply
Ok. But you said you didn’t inform IRCC until after you started studying at the new school.

Dec 13, 2023
Changing DLI after changing school is not a problem because I applied for study permit extension in February 2023 and I got my study permit extension so DLI got updated on time when I changed the schools. The problem happened when suddenly my new school changed their own DLI. I tried to change it again but I was unable to do by GC key so I raised webform but it did not got updated and now I again raised a webform to update it so I am stressed right now will it be affecting my PGWP application because i have that email when I raised webform last time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Changing DLI after changing school is not a problem because I applied for study permit extension in February 2023 and I got my study permit extension so DLI got updated on time when I changed the schools. The problem happened when suddenly my new school changed their own DLI. I tried to change it again but I was unable to do by GC key so I raised webform but it did not got updated and now I again raised a webform to update it so I am stressed right now will it be affecting my PGWP application because i have that email when I raised webform last time.
Call IRCC and speak to an agent. What school?

Dec 13, 2023
I talked to them they told me to raise the webform again explaining that I did before as well.. it’s Assiniboine community college at Robertson college