+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Canada to announce their update about the 30-day ban on India...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah, I don't want the ban to be extended :(, I wanted to be in Canada last month :/, also when I asked them why they think it will be extended they said that they got an "official notification" (hopefully a load of bs)
No politician risks lifting suspension now as cases in Canada are somehow going down. The moment PM asked Provinces to keep restrictions until cases are way down or at least 75% of population receive first shot, i knew from that day this ban will be extended. Canada is close to 50%

SDSApplicant

Feb 1, 2021
No politician risks lifting suspension now as cases in Canada are somehow going down. The moment PM asked Provinces to keep restrictions until cases are way down or at least 75% of population receive first shot, i knew from that day this ban will be extended. Canada is close to 50%
So with the current trend, by when will they reach this 75% goal (approx). Just want to understand if there is going to be another extension

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
So with the current trend, by when will they reach this 75% goal (approx). Just want to understand if there is going to be another extension
With no supply chain interruption, we are looking at July. Given example of BC @49%, the daily average doses administered is 55,000 a day. But that answer one question of when approximately, but others factors Government will consider. Washington States has passed that threshold but yet yesterday they extend the ban. So its up to the Federal Government to decide

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
With no supply chain interruption, we are looking at July. Given example of BC @49%, the daily average doses administered is 55,000 a day. But that answer one question of when approximately, but others factors Government will consider. Washington States has passed that threshold but yet yesterday they extend the ban. So its up to the Federal Government to decide
I think they will extend it till august. I don't see that they will open anytime soon.

Reactions: canuck78

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
The 3 day quarantine has no end date, so extensions most likely don’t need to be announced. The only announcement will be when it is officially over.
I called Courtyard by Mariott and the lady told me to wait for this week as government might be announcing new exemptions/rules about quarantine.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I called Courtyard by Mariott and the lady told me to wait for this week as government might be announcing new exemptions/rules about quarantine.
Oh come on...I don't want more bad news.

Could you tell us verbatim what you asked and what they said?
Thanks.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Oh come on...I don't want more bad news.

Could you tell us verbatim what you asked and what they said?
Thanks.
I basically called them to book the room for the 3 day quarantine period (From Aug 25 to 28) however the lady was very kind and asked me to wait for this week as they had a prespective of having a news announced within this week related to quarantine period. She did not took my booking as well as ofcourse it is not refundable and asked to wait.

• Sad
Reactions: marksthrow

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
I basically called them to book the room for the 3 day quarantine period (From Aug 25 to 28) however the lady was very kind and asked me to wait for this week as they had a prespective of having a news announced within this week related to quarantine period. She did not took my booking as well as ofcourse it is not refundable and asked to wait.
You cannot book your quarantine hotel that far in advance, it needs to be 2 weeks before. The hotels always think the ban is going to be lifted soon, unlikely, imo probably until end of the year.