+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Canada to announce their update about the 30-day ban on India...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The only news so far this week regarding travel is that Canada has extended travel restrictions for the Canada / U.S. border until at least June 21. Nothing yet for India & Pakistan. But there should be soon.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
The only news so far this week regarding travel is that Canada has extended travel restrictions for the Canada / U.S. border until at least June 21. Nothing yet for India & Pakistan. But there should be soon.
Yep.
We will find out today.

I'm more worried about the UAE ban on India than the Canada one personally. If UAE unbans, I can travel to Canada regardless of if Canada extends the ban or not because of Abu Dhabi's transit testing. Plus, finding a direct flight will be impossible for a month.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I called Qatar airlines and air India, both of them claim that there is a ban till June 21.
I don't mean to be rude, but the only source you should trust is Canada.ca directly. Let's wait to see what they say. Lots of airlines (such as Air Canada) have their issues (budgets, operational..etc). Even Qatar Airways canceled some flights recently due to operational reasons. Air India is hot trash and I don't even like talking about them and their decisions.

Clickbait videos by YouTubers, bad comprehension skills and WhatsApp forwards can easily spread misinformation...I recall everyone was thinking Canada extended the ban when Air Canada canceled flights, but it was an Air Canada only thing and people of course didn't do their own research but relied on word of mouth like sheep.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong and in fact, I believe the ban will be extended as well. But the fact is that we don't know yet...officially.

Reactions: Anxiousforvisa

SDSApplicant

Feb 1, 2021
I don't mean to be rude, but the only source you should trust is Canada.ca directly. Let's wait to see what they say. Lots of airlines (such as Air Canada) have their issues (budgets, operational..etc). Even Qatar Airways canceled some flights recently due to operational reasons. Air India is hot trash and I don't even like talking about them and their decisions.

Clickbait videos by YouTubers, bad comprehension skills and WhatsApp forwards can easily spread misinformation...I recall everyone was thinking Canada extended the ban when Air Canada canceled flights, but it was an Air Canada only thing and people of course didn't do their own research but relied on word of mouth like sheep.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong and in fact, I believe the ban will be extended as well. But the fact is that we don't know yet...officially.
Yeah, I don't want the ban to be extended :(, I wanted to be in Canada last month :/, also when I asked them why they think it will be extended they said that they got an "official notification" (hopefully a load of bs)

SDSApplicant

Feb 1, 2021
My friend call qatar airways they told him to call tomorrow. So wait for official news before writing anything. Mine is air india and they told me that flight are not cancelled.
Yeah, just wanted to inform what the airlines told me. It's kind of shitty how they think official notifications on this ban should wait till the last day -_-

SDSApplicant

Feb 1, 2021
Kind of an off-topic question -> for those of us without relatives in Canada, we need to book an airbnb (that needs to be shown in quarantine plan?) or something for the 11 day quarantine. Since airbnb deducts half of the money paid if cancellation is done 7 days or less prior to the date. How are you guys handling this situation?

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Kind of an off-topic question -> for those of us without relatives in Canada, we need to book an airbnb (that needs to be shown in quarantine plan?) or something for the 11 day quarantine. Since airbnb deducts half of the money paid if cancellation is done 7 days or less prior to the date. How are you guys handling this situation?
Book airbnb when your travel is confirmed like when you get your pre departure covid test negative. As l lost 1000 CAD as i booked my hotel quarantine and airbnb early.
Note : in pre departure test i was positive. And for hotel quarantine i and my friend were going to share the room.