Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah thank you for your answer, it's a relief knowing what's going on with my application, I just logged in a few minutes ago and it has 'Decision made' so I guess vienna has no received it or updated my status, yet, on the letter i got it's says that decision was made on the 23rd and sent to vienna, which means this saturday i'll be a month, hopefully overseas mail works faster then a month, none the less i'm very happy that my application got approved.

Thanks for your help with my question.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Just a tip: every time I saw an update on Ecas, it was made on a Tuesday. So keep a closer eye on it on Tuesdays :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
recently they started updating on any day of the week.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked a few minutes ago so my application status is:

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

So now it's waiting time or will I receive another confirmation or something through email or post mail?

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm still waiting for this AOR Email to come through, I'm able to login to the 'Check your application status' website and see that a decision has been made on the sponsorship application and in process for the permanent resident status application, however I've not received anything from the Embassy in Vienna in the form of an acknowledgement letter or sort.. should I wait it out or contact them now?

Aradia

Mar 25, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with Vienna lately?
My application has been transfered on April 16th... Is it usually 3-4 weeks to receive AOR?
Hope all of you are fine! Have a nice weekend guys! ;)

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Have not received my AOR, does that come through email or post?

Aradia

Mar 25, 2010
Hi Berti,

I've just received my AOR through post today. It was posted on April 28th... Have you tried to contact them?

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if the AOR should arrive by post or email, none the less I have not received it. I have tried to contact them, through email, fax and phone and have out of my tries only received a reply once before, so the chances i will get a responsible this year is slim, they're very slow...

tam.1979

Jun 24, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2010
Doc's Request.
13-04-2010; 22-09-2010; 08-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Done....
02-01-2010
Hi Berti - are you still waiting for Vienna to decide since January???
My file transfer (outland application) was in process in Vienna since March 31, 2010 - NEVER GOT ANY LETTERS FORM THEM - only found out the in process when i logged on to CIC.GC.CA to check
Request for additional info was sent to us on April 13, 2010 via email, we replied to the same email immediately, but then followed up a month later with a hard copy as we never got a confirmation of receipt of the email we sent.....

SINCE THEN NOTHING!

I'm just wondering how long Vienna is taking these days???
Does anyone know?
Thanks so much!

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi TAM.1979.. No we haven't received an AOR so far, we have been requested two additional documents, even though they were added from the start, but they weren't detailed enough for Vienna's liking.

Application sent was in December 2009 and was approved at Mississauga and transferred to Vienna which began (according to the online check your status app) in January. So since then it's just been waiting and waiting, I guess the best bet would be that processing times are between 6-10 months, I hope at least, at the Vienna office.

Cheers and good luck with your application.

Jan 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-10
AOR Received.
21-05-10
File Transfer...
17-05-10
Passport Req..
28-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-10
LANDED..........
19-09-10
I'll chime in here with the disappointment from Vienna....
E-cas showed 'in process' in Vienna since May 22/10. We received the AOR from Vienna July 1/10. Then last week, they emailed my husband asking for an official court documentation and saying we only had 60 days to come up with it or his application would be dismissed! I emailed them back acknowledging that we had received the email and asked if there were any other documents needed....still no answer, of course. We do not know anything beyond this, but I am nervous they will ask for more. :(

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have yet to receive our AOR, even though Vienna has contacted us for additional information and supporting documents, twice. We've sent both requests in to Vienna, so far no reply from them, but e-cas shows immigration is done and over with and the application for permanent residence is still in process. The no answer wait continues.

cyanmaple

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-may-2010
AOR Received.
6-july-2010
File Transfer...
16-june-2010
Med's Done....
april 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-july-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-july-2010
Berti said:
We have yet to receive our AOR, even though Vienna has contacted us for additional information and supporting documents, twice. We've sent both requests in to Vienna, so far no reply from them, but e-cas shows immigration is done and over with and the application for permanent residence is still in process. The no answer wait continues.
Is this a spousal sponsorship or fsw application? if is spousal then is much longer than average. If its a conjugal application they take longer from what i read

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@cyanmaple: Yes it's a spousal sponsorship application, so I guess it's alright for them to take this long in sending us an AOR, eh?