+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for a responce from Vienna

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
my application was sent to Vienna from Mississauga on the 4 of December and I still have not had a response form Vienna that they have received my application. I was wondering if someone out there would know how long it takes for a response from the embassy that they have received the application? Or if there is no response unless they need additional information, or ask for your passport?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
canmaci said:
my application was sent to Vienna from Mississauga on the 4 of December and I still have not had a response form Vienna that they have received my application. I was wondering if someone out there would know how long it takes for a response from the embassy that they have received the application? Or if there is no response unless they need additional information, or ask for your passport?
You won't see an update until they've started processing the application, so just sit tight until mid to late January before you start to worry... :)

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
canmaci, where are you located?

Vienna usually sends an AOR letter after receiving the application. I'm from Slovenia, it took just over 3 weeks from the time my sponsorship was approved to the day I got the AOR letter from Vienna (approved Mar 3rd, letter received Mar 27rd). The application showed up as "In Process" on Ecas a couple of days after that. If you're lucky, you'll get the letter during the holidays, but I wouldn't count on it - seems all government offices slow down this time of year, not to mention the post.
As Swede suggested, I'd hang in there until med/late January before you start to worry.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it took for us about 4 weeks to receive the AOR, - we received it one week after ecas showed in process.

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
mitamata said:

Vienna usually sends an AOR letter after receiving the application. I'm from Slovenia, it took just over 3 weeks from the time my sponsorship was approved to the day I got the AOR letter from Vienna (approved Mar 3rd, letter received Mar 27rd). The application showed up as "In Process" on Ecas a couple of days after that. If you're lucky, you'll get the letter during the holidays, but I wouldn't count on it - seems all government offices slow down this time of year, not to mention the post.
As Swede suggested, I'd hang in there until med/late January before you start to worry.
mitamata said:

Hey i'm from Toronto but my wife is from Macedonia. I also wanted to ask after you got your visa did they give you a time limit to when you had to enter Canada, and how long was it?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Yes, the issued visa has an expiration date. It will be either:
a) the date the passport it is in expires
b) the date the medical exam expires (it's valid for one year).

For most people, it comes down to the b) option. For example: I took my medical exam on Dec 6th, 2008. I got my visa in May and it was valid until Dec 6th, 2009. Your wife will have to land before the expiry date or else she will need to reapply.

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
We still have not recived a responce from Vienna? My sponsorship was sent on December 4, it has been over a month, alot of people tell me that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for them to respond that they have received the application. Should i contact the embassy in Vienna or not?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Don't forget that in that one month, there was Christmas and New Year's. Which is quite a few days off, so I'm guessing things piled up a bit. I wouldn't worry about it, it will probably just take a little longer.
You're free to contact them of course, but I wouldn't expect a quick response - I once emailed them asking for something about the medical and got a reply two weeks later xD
Hopefully you'll see something on Ecas on tuesday :)

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
mitamata said:
Don't forget that in that one month, there was Christmas and New Year's. Which is quite a few days off, so I'm guessing things piled up a bit. I wouldn't worry about it, it will probably just take a little longer.
You're free to contact them of course, but I wouldn't expect a quick response - I once emailed them asking for something about the medical and got a reply two weeks later xD
Hopefully you'll see something on Ecas on tuesday :)
thanks for the responce and the help:) i sent vienna a e-mail today i hope we get a letter in the time it takes them to respond:) i hope we get the visa as fast as u did! it looks like you got the visa in just 3 months from start in mississauga to the end.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
when we were worried about whether they received our application or not we sent them an email and in a few days received email back confirming that they had received it successfully and just were waiting for medical results to start processing it.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
canmaci said:
it looks like you got the visa in just 3 months from start in mississauga to the end.
our process took 3 months after the visa office started the process.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all, just wanted to add the discussion, I've applied December 4th CPC Mississauga and just received the letter from CPC-M stating that I'm met the requirements to be a sponsor and that my undertaking and application for permanent residence has been forwarded to the Vienna office! Now my wife and I got excited but i just had to confirm, if this was a confirmation letter or will that come latter from Vienna. Does the CPC-M letter just confirm that my application was filled and sent in correctly or what does it mean exactly?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The letter is Mississauga informing you that your sponsorship was approved and they have sent things to Vienna for them to finish the PR application. Since it's from Mississauga, it only says they have sent off your application, it's not confirmation it has been received. In Mississauga, they do check the entire application package, so if something significant was missing, they would've sent the application back to you. You can assume this means you included all the forms and there are no major errors on them.

For the next step, you should get the AOR letter from Vienna which tells you they received the application from Mississauga and will be processing it. Also keep an eye on Ecas, you might see 'In Process' there before you get the letter.

Good luck!

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the informative reply mitamata, it's a burden off my mind knowing that everything was filled out alright and it's being processed, so now just wait for a couple of months.

Also what's an AOR letter and Ecas???

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Ah, grasshopper ;)

AOR stands for acknowledgment of receipt - it's a letter that basically says "we got your application, here's a number we assigned to your file, please don't ask us how it's doing until X months pass which is our standard processing time". For me, this was the part where I could stop stressing - I kept imagining the application will crash in the ocean along with the plane carrying it or get lost somewhere, so knowing it arrived where it had to was a relief.

This is E-cas: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
Electronic Client Application Status. You can log in there with the client ID (the one you got on the sponsorship approval letter) and the sponsor's details. You will see 'Decision made' for the sponsorship application and probably no status for the permanent residency application. Once that changes to 'In Process', you can know that Vienna got the package.