+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait time from "Decision Made" to Oath Notice

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long did it take for your application to move from the "decision made" stage to oath ceremony notice?

My status just changed to "decision made". My file is at Mississauga office though. This office cancelled its test and oath ceremonies...Anyone in the same boat?

jkfriends

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, mine has changed to 'Decision Made' today and I'm too from Mississauga Office. As far as I can see, no ceremonies have been scheduled in Mississauga until Aug-28 (Maybe CIC is yet to update?)

jrabbit

Jun 22, 2015
I think you guys should just patiently wait for it.
I applied from Newfoundland.

When I got my notice for test, I happily looked up cic website for oath ceremonial dates. However I did not see any dates planned out for Newfoundland on CIC website.
Being confused of the situation, I gave CIC a call. Guess what the operator told me ?

the operator said that if you don't see a date up there, it means there is nothing planned out.

Then, i went for the test, and CIC officer at the test site informed me that there are SEVERAL oath ceremonies for this (2015) summer, but have been full, therefore I got for wait for fall.

The point I am trying to make is that, the website may not be 100% accurate. I could be wrong though.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Wait for another 7-15 days and you will get the oath letter.. be patient....
Congratulation..

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Wait for another 7-15 days and you will get the oath letter.. be patient....
Congratulation..
Thanks janoo :)

jkfriends said:
Yes, mine has changed to 'Decision Made' today and I'm too from Mississauga Office. As far as I can see, no ceremonies have been scheduled in Mississauga until Aug-28 (Maybe CIC is yet to update?)
Congrats!!

How do you know it is until August 28th?

Maybe Mississauga made a decision on bunch of files today. Let's hope bunch of "decision made" files will encourage the office to schedule oath ceremonies soon!

jkfriends

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@TObound,

In CIC website, there is a page for future ceremony dates. Select Ontario and all future dates 1-by-1. There is none scheduled Mississauga location until Aug-28. You can select only up to Aug-28 in the drop-down.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkfriends said:
@ TObound,

In CIC website, there is a page for future ceremony dates. Select Ontario and all future dates 1-by-1. There is none scheduled Mississauga location until Aug-28. You can select only up to Aug-28 in the drop-down.
I don't see Mississauga for Aug 28th, only Niagara Falls...

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hello

Just out of curiosity , what documents or Ids , do we need to take to the Oath ceremony? please and thank you.
I wish I knew for sure. Didn't receive my oath invite yet, so to be certain better ask people in "Decision Made After Test?"

My understanding is that you need a valid PR card (which you give up), the oath invitation letter, and possibly your passport as an ID.

jkfriends

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see that Sep-3 is the next ceremony date for Mississauga. So we will have nothing from now until then. Unless CIC chooses nearest locations such as Kitchener, London or Scarborough. Don't know if this is possible? Has anyone seen a different nearest location for Oath than the original office?

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkfriends said:
I see that Sep-3 is the next ceremony date for Mississauga. So we will have nothing from now until then. Unless CIC chooses nearest locations such as Kitchener, London or Scarborough. Don't know if this is possible? Has anyone seen a different nearest location for Oath than the original office?
CIC call center agent told me that an officer in Mississauga can schedule a test or an oath anywhere in the GTA. There is an applicant in the Scarborough topic, whose processing office is Mississauga, but he got his test invite at Scarborough office.

I doubt they will schedule us outside of the GTA though. But Etobicoke, St. Clair, Scarborough or even downtown TO are all an option.

CIC call center agent also told me that "decision made" can just mean that an officer looked into/ worked on my file online. I called yesterday to see if an oath has been scheduled. The officer told me in her system my application still appears to be "in process".

I also found this online:

"Timeframe to make a decision
The Act and Regulations do not specify a time period in which citizenship officers must make their decision. However, for consistency and timeliness, officers are, to the extent possible, strongly encouraged to make their decision within 60 days after the day on which the application is referred to them."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/decision/roles.asp

60 days since the file is referred, not even since the officer started working on the application. This means most time our application just wait to be referred to an officer, sitting somewhere in a pile of documents.

I am getting the ATIP today and my MP's office promised there will be an update next Tuesday. Hopefully, I will know more and then can share with you guys.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Last time I ordered ATIP, i got the email saying they couldn't provide it due to technical issue which was going to be solved by the end of july.

TObound said:
CIC call center agent told me that an officer in Mississauga can schedule a test or an oath anywhere in the GTA. There is an applicant in the Scarborough topic, whose processing office is Mississauga, but he got his test invite at Scarborough office.

I doubt they will schedule us outside of the GTA though. But Etobicoke, St. Clair, Scarborough or even downtown TO are all an option.

CIC call center agent also told me that "decision made" can just mean that an officer looked into/ worked on my file online. I called yesterday to see if an oath has been scheduled. The officer told me in her system my application still appears to be "in process".

I also found this online:

"Timeframe to make a decision
The Act and Regulations do not specify a time period in which citizenship officers must make their decision. However, for consistency and timeliness, officers are, to the extent possible, strongly encouraged to make their decision within 60 days after the day on which the application is referred to them."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/decision/roles.asp

60 days since the file is referred, not even since the officer started working on the application. This means most time our application just wait to be referred to an officer, sitting somewhere in a pile of documents.

I am getting the ATIP today and my MP's office promised there will be an update next Tuesday. Hopefully, I will know more and then can share with you guys.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
Last time I ordered ATIP, i got the email saying they couldn't provide it due to technical issue which was going to be solved by the end of july.
Did you receive your ATIP? How long of a delay was it?

On June 11th, the CIC sent me a "thank you for submitting your request" quoting 30 days processing time. Nothing about a technical issue. When did you receive an email about the delay?

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Haven't received my ATIP yet. I submitted my request on June 9th, and got the email on June 25 about the technical issue. I'm not sure when I will get the report. I guess by the end of July.
TObound said:
Did you receive your ATIP? How long of a delay was it?

On June 11th, the CIC sent me a "thank you for submitting your request" quoting 30 days processing time. Nothing about a technical issue. When did you receive an email about the delay?

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker, i received my ATIP yesterday. I sent them an email in the morning saying that 30 days passed and in the afternoon received the report. Not sure if it helped.

It looks like now my file is waiting CSIS and possibly RCMP clearances update.