+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait for OINP ITA or Accept IRCC ITA

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi,

I got ITA from IRCC in the recent draw and got an Invitation to Apply as a new message in my CIC Account. I have applied for OINP based on NOI received in OINP e-filing portal two months back.

1) Can I withdraw my application from OINP and continue to proceed with ITA received from IRCC? Is it wise to accept IRCC ITA or wait for OINP?

2) If I accept ITA from IRCC, how to withdraw the profile from OINP? Just clicking "Withdraw" button is enough or do I need to mail them?

3) If I proceed with ITA received from IRCC, will there be any issues with regard to the application as I have applied for OINP?

4) Is it possible for a refund from OINP as my application in the assessment stage? I read from the official documentation that refund not possible if changed to assessment.

5) How to accept the ITA received from IRCC? Just clicking "Continue Application" enough?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Yes withdraw from oinp. They won't be able to nominate you anyway since you are no longer in the pool. Send them an email nicely asking for a refund, they might just do it.

Reactions: WED

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Do I need to click " Withdraw profile " and email them? What must be the content of the email? Can I ask for refund as it changed to assessment?

Can I proceed to upload documents in my IRCC account?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Click on withdraw on oinp portal. In the email tell them you are proceeding with a direct ita and wish to settle in a different province. There is no gurantee that you will get your money back.
You can upload documents by continuing with direct ita

Reactions: WED