+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait for CSQ or go through EE?

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hey guys and girls,

So I have been living in Quebec for the past 9 years. I did my post-secondary Education from Montreal and have been working since I got my PGWP in August of 2018. I have a year and 4 months left on it so I still have some time.

I was one of the 18,000 applicants who were returned their files, but I applied again and got my Invitation through Arrima in October 2019. They requested my documents in the first week of March, which I sent right away and they received them in the second week . It's been a month and half now almost and I am waiting for my CSQ. In the meanwhile, I also received an ITA for EE a couple of weeks ago and they had given me 3 months to send all the requested documents.I still have around 70 days left to send them the requested documents. I know in this scenario, I will have to provide them with strong evidence of leaving Quebec, which at this point is kinda hard. Has anyone gone through this path successfully?

Another option, I was thinking is to wait the EE ITA out until the end and If i am still waiting for CSQ at that time, I will just apply for EE. To be honest I don't want to decline the invitation for EE, and later the centre right government in Quebec changes their immigration rules because of the current pandemic. I am really confused on what to do. Or do you guys think that I should just wait for CSQ and simply decline the EE ITA? Personally, I want to live in Quebec as I have been living here for a decade and kinda attached to it. Also I wanted to buy property here soon, as it fits my budget. But at the same time, immigration is more important than temporarily living here. I am really confused.

Also, what kind of evidence will I have to provide them if I go through the EE path? Any advice would be appreciated on which path to take, or any other if it comes to your mind. Thanks a bunch!

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Same situation here. I didnt get into EE pool, but I calculate my score and its over 500...
I would suggest to make your decision based on your preference on which city you prefer to live.
I prefer Montreal, so I will wait for my csq...

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hmm I understand, I feel the same about Montreal but I really dont have faith in the current government. I was thinking of applying through Express Entry first and showing my intention to move. If I get it, I move to Ontario and come back to quebec in the long future. If I am refused, I would still have th CSQ path to take and try with that. Only thing I am worried about, if I am refused through express entry, would it have a negative effect on my QSW application? I was thinking that the officer might see that I had applied to EE before and I might not be intending to stay in Quebec even if I am wanting to. So confused :/

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
In theory you should decline your csq application when you receive the invitation from EE...csq application is a risk which might convince EE visa officer that you have intention living in qc.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Do you know what evidences can I show to convince a VO besides moving there and sending my documents? I am actively conversing with recruiters in Toronto and have a few interviews lined up. Can I show these emails as proof plus a future lease agreement? Also, two of my childhood friends recently immigrated to canada and currently living in Toronto. Also my aunt, and her family and another cousin. Can I show them living there as a strong tie? What documents would I need to show this? Personally, I dont find it feasible to move right away during this pandemic. What immediate evidence can I collect in the next few days in your opinion?

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Moving there, get an apartment lease, change your driving license address plus those facts you listed above. Good luck.