+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wage rate for NOC A??

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hi,

I am planning to file my case under NOC A 2171 Information system analyst and according to workincanada.gc.ca the low wage or starters wage in this category is $19.23 but my wage is $16.50 to $17 aprrox. based on my salary which includes some benefits as well. I would like to know is it going to create any problem in my case.

Thanks

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
It won't be a problem

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
I asked this same question few days back. After a lot of analysis (with lawyers, friends, this forum & current applicants) I came to this conclusion:

1. The CIC may reject your application stating "that the officer did not believe the applicant was performing the role stated". They will not directly tell you that they have rejected your application due to your low wage because as per this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=665&t=6 they cannot state low wage reason.

2. Now, this has a lot to do with your reference letter. If you are an entry level professional who have just graduated from college and doing job on low wage then CIC might call your employer and confirm your duties but If you are not an entry level professional then you can support your application by making a very strong reference letter make sure your employer backs up everything they write in letter.

3. Alternatively, you can find any other code that is similar to your job duties and lowest wage for that code covers your wage.

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
softfuel12 said:
I asked this same question few days back. After a lot of analysis (with lawyers, friends, this forum & current applicants) I came to this conclusion:

1. The CIC may reject your application stating "that the officer did not believe the applicant was performing the role stated". They will not directly tell you that they have rejected your application due to your low wage because as per this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=665&t=6 they cannot state low wage reason.

2. Now, this has a lot to do with your reference letter. If you are an entry level professional who have just graduated from college and doing job on low wage then CIC might call your employer and confirm your duties but If you are not an entry level professional then you can support your application by making a very strong reference letter make sure your employer backs up everything they write in letter.

3. Alternatively, you can find any other code that is similar to your job duties and lowest wage for that code covers your wage.

Thanks for detailed information, yes I am an entry level worker this is my first job in the field of IT and I completed my 1 year of experience on April 15 and I believe in couple of months I will get the raise as well but I do not want to wait that long because of the cap. Can you please tell what are main features of a strong reference letter from a employer . I could not find any other category, my job duties are as follows-

I have a degree in computer engineering from back home and I completed two year diploma in Business in Canada. I work mainly on SX ERP system my company uses and perform the following tasks-

- Analyzing, checking data quality issues before loading anything into the system.
- Handling Change requests(Changing part numbers., descriptions, Vendor No. etc)
- Kit item creation
- Single and multiple items loading into the system using stored procedures and methods.
- Performing cross copies( coping parts to different warehouses from the main warehouse upon arrival of request from different branches of my company)
- Cost update of POR (Price on Request) items.
- Performing Vendor cost updates which involves, working on pricing files from different vendors (running stored macros in excel, removing inconsistency and checking data quality issues etc )
-Data collection and support among team members

Thanks