ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...In God's will!
Does anyone know the conditions of W1 Visa in Canada?

confused28

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...In God's will!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confused28 said:
When you said conditions - you meant exactly what?
A visa is an entry document, used only for travelling into the country. W-1 visa identifies the holder as that entering the country as a worker and to the IOs at the PoE, to process further the traveller for issuance of his/her WP.

Conditions of work if there are, are stated on the WP not on the visa.

/...hth...

confused28

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...In God's will!
ragluf said:
When you said conditions - you meant exactly what?
A visa is an entry document, used only for travelling into the country. W-1 visa identifies the holder as that entering the country as a worker and to the IOs at the PoE, to process further the traveller for issuance of his/her WP.

Conditions of work if there are, are stated on the WP not on the visa.

/...hth...
@ragluf, thank you for clearing this out.

i was just confused between the TWP and W1 visa.

Is W1 visa applies to foreign workers applying from other country than their residence? can a consultant apply on behalf of the worker?

Thanks alot for sharing!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confused28 said:
@ ragluf, thank you for clearing this out.

i was just confused between the TWP and W1 visa.

Is W1 visa applies to foreign workers applying from other country than their residence? can a consultant apply on behalf of the worker?

Thanks alot for sharing!
The entry visa (for citizens of non-visa exempt countries) issued to one who is authorized to work in Canada will indicate status of the holder. In this case W-1 identifies the holder to the IOs at the Port of entry as one with worker status entering Canada. There is no difference to the visa type whether the work permit was applied for in another country other than their country of residence - W-1 denotes the holder's status, not where the visa was applied.

A registered consultant can help in compiling and in the preparation and actual submission of the application on behalf of the applicant, but the applicant must be truthful in providing information that is entered in the application, and must sign and date forms when required.

/..hth all the best....

confused28

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...In God's will!
Thanks so much for your clarification... pls. Continue to help our other forumers!

RaviNarh

Sep 24, 2013
Hi,

I need a urgent help. I got my W-1 category visa just for 3 months and this will be get expired in next month.
My current work has issues and my travel is delayed.

Could you please let me know how early I should land in Canada so that I can get my visa extended.

Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,
Ravi

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RaviNarh said:
Hi,

I need a urgent help. I got my W-1 category visa just for 3 months and this will be get expired in next month.
My current work has issues and my travel is delayed.

Could you please let me know how early I should land in Canada so that I can get my visa extended.

Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,
Ravi
Hi,

You need to travel to Canada and use your W-1 visa within its validity (3months) time. You cannot use your visa to travel into Canada after the validity date.

Visa validity is different from duration of stay. Duration of stay can be extended, visa validity cannot be extended - you will need to get a new visa to travel to Canada if your visa has expired.

Visa expiry date is until when the visa is valid to be used to Travel into Canada or enter (single-entry)/re-enter (multiple-entry) the country. At expiry, the visa cannot be used anymore.

Duration of stay is accorded to you at the PoE and identifies until when you are allowed to remain/stay in the country from the date of your entry.

See here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=442&t=16
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=209&t=17

Souviktor

Oct 8, 2014
Hi all,

I have question regarding my wife's visa requirements.

We entered Canada last December. I came with a work permit (multiple entry W-1 category visa with expiry date 30th Nov, 2015, both my visa and work permit expires on 30th Nov., 2015). My wife accompanying me, got a multiple entry visitor visa (V-1 category) with expiry date in 2019. Later, from within Canada she applied and got her OWP as spouse of federal skilled worker. Her OWP expires when mine expires, i.e., 30th November 2015. We have already applied for my work permit and her OWP renewal and it is currently pending in MyCIC.

My question is, after November 30, what happens to her VISA? it expires in 2019, but the OWP will expire in November. She is travelling to India in the winter. Can she use her visa to enter Canada, say in January 2016, at least as a visitor?
My visa will expire in November, 2015. Perhaps we will get renewed work permits by November and then I will apply for renewing my visa.
Does she need to apply for a new visitor visa to enter Canada in January? What I am confused is, is VISA and work permit somehow related in her case or is her visa status related to my visa status? Since my visa will expire in November, I am concerned if that means her visa also expires, even though the expiry date on her visa is November 2019.

Thanks and regards.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Souviktor said:
My question is, after November 30, what happens to her VISA? it expires in 2019, but the OWP will expire in November. She is travelling to India in the winter. Can she use her visa to enter Canada, say in January 2016, at least as a visitor?
After Nov 30 her status under the OWP expires, and she has no status in Canada. She needs to exit or get a renewal of her worker status. But her visa is not affected, and is still valid up to Jan 2016 (multiple-entry). She can use the visa to re-enter Canada until its expiry. Note that with the visa alone, as it is a V-1 visa, she will be processed as a visitor upon entry. But if she also presents the WP, then she will be processed as a worker.

My visa will expire in November, 2015. Perhaps we will get renewed work permits by November and then I will apply for renewing my visa.
Does she need to apply for a new visitor visa to enter Canada in January? What I am confused is, is VISA and work permit somehow related in her case or is her visa status related to my visa status? Since my visa will expire in November, I am concerned if that means her visa also expires, even though the expiry date on her visa is November 2019.
No - the visa and WP are two separate documents and used for different purposes. One is a travel/entry document the other is a status document.

Your wife does not need to apply for a new visitor visa - her existing one is valid up to 2019. The expiry of your status and your visa does not impact her visa. What it impacts is her current status and stay in Canada - her status is co-terminus with your status (seeing her OWP is expiring at the same time as your WP). Both of your WPs (status) expire at the same time. If you have not yet applied for renewal, then upon expiry of the WPs - both of you lose status and need to exit Canada.

Separate from the fact is your visa also expires at the same time as your WP. This is common to TFWs, usually the visa granted is a multiple-entry visa with expiry up to the duration of the WP. Expiry of your visa does not impact her visa.

.../hth

rohind

Aug 27, 2015
Re: W1 Visa - Urgent Help Please

Hi,

Any one please clarify, As we got our visa W1 scan copy from agent on january itself. But still they are demanding from us. The visa validity is two years. We suspect the agent. Is there any way to identify the visa genuineness. We are in deep trouble as we paid part amount also but the past 9 months they are not releasing our passports also. Please help. Urgent

lotiaal1

Apr 9, 2016
I received my post-graduate open work permit after an online application when I came back from Canada after graduation.

Afterward, I applied for my visa as a returning worker. Within the application, I clearly noted I was a returning worker and also submitted a copy of my issued work permit along with a letter indicating I was going back to Canada to work.

My issued visa, however, says V-1 VISITORS VISA.

Getting everything done was a long and painful process that took around 4 months of effort.

Do I need to reapply for another visa or can I legally stay in Canada after entering with a visitors visa provided I have valid a work permit?

Do I show my work permit at Pearson or should I just enter through my visitor's visa?

Thank you for your help!

lotiaal1

Apr 9, 2016
Sorry, I did not notice this useful piece of information that fully answers my question:
"Note that with the visa alone, as it is a V-1 visa, she will be processed as a visitor upon entry. But if she also presents the WP, then she will be processed as a worker"

Naveen Soni

Jul 30, 2017
I am from India and here we are trying from a registered company to get work visa named W-1 VISA.Primarily,they have given 3 months as a tenure to get that VISA but now its been 7 months over and now they are asking to us to make an unexpected document named "Solvency Certificate" which is a verification document for property valuation report(it is also made by us recently).

Please suggest they are playing game with us and that document is really compulsory?

harishcivil87

Aug 24, 2017
After Nov 30 her status under the OWP expires, and she has no status in Canada. She needs to exit or get a renewal of her worker status. But her visa is not affected, and is still valid up to Jan 2016 (multiple-entry). She can use the visa to re-enter Canada until its expiry. Note that with the visa alone, as it is a V-1 visa, she will be processed as a visitor upon entry. But if she also presents the WP, then she will be processed as a worker.

No - the visa and WP are two separate documents and used for different purposes. One is a travel/entry document the other is a status document.

Your wife does not need to apply for a new visitor visa - her existing one is valid up to 2019. The expiry of your status and your visa does not impact her visa. What it impacts is her current status and stay in Canada - her status is co-terminus with your status (seeing her OWP is expiring at the same time as your WP). Both of your WPs (status) expire at the same time. If you have not yet applied for renewal, then upon expiry of the WPs - both of you lose status and need to exit Canada.

Separate from the fact is your visa also expires at the same time as your WP. This is common to TFWs, usually the visa granted is a multiple-entry visa with expiry up to the duration of the WP. Expiry of your visa does not impact her visa.

.../hth
how much amount we need to pay for W-1 VISA PERMIT