+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

w-1 work permit problem

zhon

Jan 6, 2009
Hi,
I am in waterloo ON canada.I am new here on w-1 work permit which says that i cannot change my current employer.Please informe the legal process how to apply for another job and get changed my work permit for higher salary. also for open permit or for another w-1 permit atleast on higher pay.Do I need to LMO.I come to know that in ONTARIO its difficult to get job for foreign worker.
Plz help because I donot know I should proceed.still I have applied but unable to get any other job offer

Thanks

Zhon

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zhon said:
Hi,
I am in waterloo ON canada.I am new here on w-1 work permit which says that i cannot change my current employer.Please informe the legal process how to apply for another job and get changed my work permit for higher salary. also for open permit or for another w-1 permit atleast on higher pay.Do I need to LMO.I come to know that in ONTARIO its difficult to get job for foreign worker.
Plz help because I donot know I should proceed.still I have applied but unable to get any other job offer

Thanks

Zhon
You have to find an employer to offer you a job, then the employer must get a new LMO approved. Once the LMO is approved you can apply to Vegreville for a new work permit. You CAN:T start work until you have the new work permit. You are not eligible for an open work permit.

PMM