Religion: Islam (Sunni)

Husband
Nationality: British national
Marital status: Married
Education: Chartered Accountancy
Professional Experience: more than 35 years
Present status: Retired banker
Religion: Islam (Shia)

Problem: My husband's 1st wife is alive and living in the USA.
We cannot move to USA or UK.
Since he belongs to different sect, therefore, my family (especially brothers and their families) are not accepting this marriage and halt every contact with me. The hatred for shias can lead me to more danger. My younger brother, is forcing me to get a divorce which is not possible as me and my husband are in intense relationship. My family has portraying me as rebellion, hence, all of my relatives and family friends have break all kind of contacts with me.

I am living in a miserable condition as I want to meet my old-aged, widowed mother (age 74 years) but they are not allowing me.

I feel as if I am a stranger in my home town and this thing is directly affecting my health.
Please advice if I can apply for asylum as I need to get rid of this torturing and helpless situation.
First of all, your marriage won't be considered, since your husband is already married and not divorced. Secondly, this cannot be the reason for seeking asylum, at best you can travel to a nearing country on visit visa such as Dubai or China. You can't claim you wish to meet your mother and because they aren't allowing you, you wish to leave the country? Doesn't justify.

You'd be rejected straight away.

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
How did your family allow you to marry him in the first place?
They didn't ! If you read it carefully. They were against this marriage, she got married, without their approval. And even if they did, that's her personal issue. Let's not get into that and keep it to the point here.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Introduction: female
Nationality: Pakistan
Education: Master in Public Administration
Professional Experience: more than 15 years
Present designation: Programme Manager
Religion: Islam (Sunni)

Husband
Nationality: British national
Education: Chartered Accountancy
Professional Experience: more than 35 years
Present status: Retired banker
Religion: Islam (Shia)

Problem: My husband's 1st wife is alive and living in the USA.
We cannot move to USA or UK.
Since he belongs to different sect, therefore, my family (especially brothers and their families) are not accepting this marriage and halt every contact with me. The hatred for shias can lead me to more danger. My younger brother, is forcing me to get a divorce which is not possible as me and my husband are in intense relationship. My family has portraying me as rebellion, hence, all of my relatives and family friends have break all kind of contacts with me.

I am living in a miserable condition as I want to meet my old-aged, widowed mother (age 74 years) but they are not allowing me.

I feel as if I am a stranger in my home town and this thing is directly affecting my health.
Please advice if I can apply for asylum as I need to get rid of this torturing and helpless situation.
The only way that you can apply for asylum in Canada is to travel to Canada on your own and claim here. As others have said, your basis of claim is extremely weak.

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
You wanna leave PK because your relatives abandoned you and you feel like a "stranger"?

So, you think you will feel at home in Canada?!

Let's just not abuse the system that is already severely abused by a bunch of opportunist economic migrants. There are people out there dying of civil wars who genuinely need this opportunity!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Keep in mind that if you do claim asylum, your chances of seeing your mother will be even less likely as travel back to Pakistan would likely result in your status as a refugee being revoked. You really should look at the whole picture before you decide to attempt this. A failed claim (and I agree that your basis if claim isn’t particularly compelling) will make it extremely difficult to travel to any visa required country afterwards.

Sam_rash

May 12, 2018
Hey,
I want to be little positive here. If you think you are in danger, you are good to claim asylum here in Canada. No matter who you married or if the marriage is valid, you well founded fear is a good reason to seek asylum.
Now two things: Can you come to Canada by any means including through tourist visa, or crossing US-Canada border. if not, your voice will not be heard. The second thing comes after you claim the asylum: how you gonna prove that you have well-founded fear being in the place you are now in. This is about forming positive or negative perception constructed by the evidence of fact.

But if can can make your way into Canada, you can get legal advice from lawyer about your second challenge.

(I am not a lawyer nor it is a legal advice)