+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable open work Permit process time

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
Also can anyone explain to me wether or not I can join another company if they're offering me a work /LMIA and Im willing and capable of working? because I don't want to stay unemployed in this economy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also can anyone explain to me wether or not I can join another company if they're offering me a work /LMIA and Im willing and capable of working? because I don't want to stay unemployed in this economy.
If you find a new employer who is giving you a job offer and has also obtained an approved LMIA, you can follow this process to try to get authorization to work for the new employer while you wait for your new work permit to be processed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/change-jobs-employers.html

You cannot start working for a new employer until IRCC tells you that you are authorized to do so.

Reactions: canuck78

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
If you find a new employer who is giving you a job offer and has also obtained an approved LMIA, you can follow this process to try to get authorization to work for the new employer while you wait for your new work permit to be processed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/change-jobs-employers.html

You cannot start working for a new employer until IRCC tells you that you are authorized to do so.
this is a piece of very helpful information... Thank you so much... Highly appreciated

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my case. I worked until I could endure for 6 LONG months. and had to quit because of the abusive circumstances. I still had till 2025 July on my WP. Its been 10 days since I applied for it. I haven't heard from anyone yet. I did report everything to service Canada as well. and the employer is under investigation now.
Many have been waiting multiple months for a response. Due to a tough job environment and publicity regarding the program many are applying some with proof of abuse but others hoping for an easy way to get an OWP and have not been an abusive work environment. What was once a fairly quick process has become a longer process. Being granted an OWP very quickly after submitting an application regarding an an abusive employer likely pushed more people to apply even if there was no abuse. Many people are under the impression that this is an easy way to get an OWP. If the abuse resulted in a criminal act would all be contacting your local police to report the abuse. If you are unsure if it was a crime there is no harm in reporting the incident and leaving it up to the police to decide whether the employer can be charged with a crime. Not much you can do but be patient.

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
Many have been waiting multiple months for a response. Due to a tough job environment and publicity regarding the program many are applying some with proof of abuse but others hoping for an easy way to get an OWP and have not been an abusive work environment. What was once a fairly quick process has become a longer process. Being granted an OWP very quickly after submitting an application regarding an an abusive employer likely pushed more people to apply even if there was no abuse. Many people are under the impression that this is an easy way to get an OWP. If the abuse resulted in a criminal act would all be contacting your local police to report the abuse. If you are unsure if it was a crime there is no harm in reporting the incident and leaving it up to the police to decide whether the employer can be charged with a crime. Not much you can do but be patient.
Valid point...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
this is a piece of very helpful information... Thank you so much... Highly appreciated
This is sadly much harder than you would think. Most employer only apply for an LMIA when they have have found an employee and offered them a job due to the expense and time involved in applying for an LMIA. Some of the employers who have LMIAs without an employee who has been hired awaiting WP approval are trying to sell jobs and job offers. Although this is a crime it is pretty prevalent. Employers often advertise themselves as having LMiA secured which can be a hint that they are looking for someone to pay them for a job offer. This is not the case for all employers but be aware that many will sound very interest in hiring you but hint at payment at a certain point.

GAC1019

Mar 11, 2024
Same here since Feb 22nd this is crazy .
What can we do to expedite the process?
I applied on February 7, but I have had no response or interviews; I don't know what to do, I'm desperate because the money is gone and I need to pay rent and food.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied on February 7, but I have had no response or interviews; I don't know what to do, I'm desperate because the money is gone and I need to pay rent and food.
Unfortunately there is no way to expedite. Given the numbers who claim under VOWP, the processing is many months.

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
Hi guys i apply VOWP on December 9 but still on progress fo final decision they have chance to approved or not thankyou
Depends on What evidence you provided with your application?
Also, the processing times now a days are crazy. Someone told me that Open work permit withing Canada can take up to 99 days .
I submitted my application with substantial amount of evidences but I haven't received anything from IRCC .. submitted on 22nd Feb 2024

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
I would like to know if anyone here got the Open work permit for Vulnerable Workers? If yes then how long did it take for final decision.. please share ..
(Or if you know anyone who recently applied for and was granted the Open Work Permit for Vulnerable Workers)

Andrusclan94

Mar 13, 2024
Hi, good morning, I requested Open work permit vulnerabke worker , 27 february, but I dont have received answer about that, I called to Ircc and an officer told me that my request is in process they have a lot cases.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, good morning, I requested Open work permit vulnerabke worker , 27 february, but I dont have received answer about that, I called to Ircc and an officer told me that my request is in process they have a lot cases.
Yes. It takes many months since so many people are claiming.