+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable open work Permit process time

Cindy123

Feb 23, 2023
Hi, IRCC called you for an interview? That was fast appoval hopefully my application will get approve in soon. I applied Jan.27 and got e-mail last Jan.30. Since then I haven't recieved any update.
Hey dear. I just wanted to follow up on your case. Did you get you VOWP?

Iverson_0304

Feb 17, 2024
Hi guys i apply VOWP on December 9 but still on progress fo final decision they have chance to approved or not thankyou

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
I applied on 28 January 2024, looking at people who applied in December 2023 and have not heard back makes me worry even more, most of us I believe have quit the jobs due to abuse and waiting without income in this economy is very challenging. Please update if anyone has received a decision recently. Thanks

chetan2821

May 22, 2020
I applied on 28 January 2024, looking at people who applied in December 2023 and have not heard back makes me worry even more, most of us I believe have quit the jobs due to abuse and waiting without income in this economy is very challenging. Please update if anyone has received a decision recently. Thanks

Did you get any response yet or not ?

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
Hello Everyone.. I applied for Open work permit for Vulnerable Workers on 21 Feb 2024.. received Information ℹ Letter and
WP- EXT Only Except PGWP letter on 23rd February 2024.. since then nothing.. I can't understand what this WP- EXT Only Except PGWP letter mean in details.. I had to quit my job because of abusive condition.. can can anyone please explain what's the meaning of this letter! It says you're authorised to continue working under the same conditions as your original work permit until 20 August 2024 or until a decision is made on your application..
You must continue to respect all employers, occupation, and location conditions and restrictions listed on your present work permit until a decision is made on your application.

Does this mean I have to keep working for the abusive employer ? Or else ?

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
Hey, sorry to hear that you were abused.

Unfortunately you have to abide by the same conditions/restrictions on your original work permit which means you cannot work for any other employer. (If you had an employer specific Work permit)

This also doesn’t mean you have to keep working/re-join working under the same employer, if you were abused and you have already quit your job you are in the clear.

I applied in the last week of Jan and haven’t heard back since the WP-EXT letter. There are people on this forum who applied in the First week of DEC 2023 and haven’t heard back since the WP-EXT letter. I believe you might have to wait some weeks before your application is approved. Only after receiving the VOWP you can start working for any employer.

I wish you you best of luck for your application and any future endeavours.

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
I provided them with all the necessary evidence like reports filed to service Canada. Ministry of labour and and affidavit. As well..
Another employee who was also victim also applied for their Vulnerable Workers work permit..
What evidence did you provide?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I provided them with all the necessary evidence like reports filed to service Canada. Ministry of labour and and affidavit. As well..
Another employee who was also victim also applied for their Vulnerable Workers work permit..
What evidence did you provide?
When you started working for the employer and when your WP was scheduled to expire will also be important information. Now that it is much harder to secure PR because CRS score needed has increased dramatically sadly there are people who are filing false claims and/or filing claims soon before their WP expires. The vulnerable person WP is also being abused to allow people to change to an OWP from a closed WP. Sadly those who have valid claims and have been abused by employers are experiencing longer processing periods and additional scrutiny because some are abusing the system.

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
When you started working for the employer and when your WP was scheduled to expire will also be important information. Now that it is much harder to secure PR because CRS score needed has increased dramatically sadly there are people who are filing false claims and/or filing claims soon before their WP expires. The vulnerable person WP is also being abused to allow people to change to an OWP from a closed WP. Sadly those who have valid claims and have been abused by employers are experiencing longer processing periods and additional scrutiny because some are abusing the system.
In my case. I worked until I could endure for 6 LONG months. and had to quit because of the abusive circumstances. I still had till 2025 July on my WP. Its been 10 days since I applied for it. I haven't heard from anyone yet. I did report everything to service Canada as well. and the employer is under investigation now.