FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Hi
I have applied for Bachelor of Tourism Management and got addmission at Thompson rivers University. my first study permit got refused with four Reasons on November
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed thstay in Canada.
  2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on purpose of your visit.
  3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation
  4. Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
Again I have applied for study permit by justifying these reasons on December 4th , and it got refused on December 30th with 2 reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on purpose of your visit.
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
Please tell me how to address this? how to write my reply to this? what are the possible ways to get my visa approval nect time?

I have done Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management, currently working in a restaurent as a Restaurant Manager.
Please help me top solve this :(

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Hi
I have applied for Bachelor of Tourism Management and got addmission at Thompson rivers University. my first study permit got refused with four Reasons on November
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed thstay in Canada.
  2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on purpose of your visit.
  3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation
  4. Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
Again I have applied for study permit by justifying these reasons on December 4th , and it got refused on December 30th with 2 reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on purpose of your visit.
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
Please tell me how to address this? how to write my reply to this? what are the possible ways to get my visa approval nect time?

I have done Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management, currently working in a restaurent as a Restaurant Manager.
application date
which visa office

can u update pl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Your choice of program is too similar to the education you have already received.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t apply again as you need to order GCMS notes. Also you applied twice within a month without addressing your issues so you look desperate. If you have a diploma in hospitality, why do you need to take a Canadian degree in hospitality managment and spend thousands of dollars? How does it help your career back home. If you are a restaurant manager, how will a degree help your career?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi

How long was your advanced diploma for?? Why did you choose tourism? Tourism degree is easily available in any country.

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Don’t apply again as you need to order GCMS notes. Also you applied twice within a month without addressing your issues so you look desperate. If you have a diploma in hospitality, why do you need to take a Canadian degree in hospitality managment and spend thousands of dollars? How does it help your career back home. If you are a restaurant manager, how will a degree help your career?
here in Sri Lanka we dont have degree program in Tourism management in private colleges. i am 30 years old , and my Advanced diploma was 2 years program. . i want to learn about global tourism industry. so it will help me achieve my career goals in Sri Lanka, in future. after the years of war Sri lanka became one of best tourist desntination among tourists. I am working in a family restaurant, a small one. my hands on experience are not enough to deal with global tourism industry

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
How long was your advanced diploma for?? Why did you choose tourism? Tourism degree is easily available in any country.
2 years Advanced diploma. we dont get tourism degree in Private college of SL. and I cant apply for coutries like Australia, new zealand for undergraduate program because of my ager. i am 31 years old.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi

Few things I can think of which you need to have answer for:-

What did you mention in your SOP was your plan after achieving the said degree?
What has been your career progression since you did your advance diploma ?
Do you work in a restaurant located in a hotel or is it a stand alone outlet ? what inspired you to do this program ?
You work as restaurant manager which is Food & Beverage related. Why do you wish to do a course in tourism management? How will it help you are a restaurant manager by learning tourism management which is more travel related ?

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Few things I can think of which you need to have answer for:-

What did you mention in your SOP was your plan after achieving the said degree?
What has been your career progression since you did your advance diploma ?
Do you work in a restaurant located in a hotel or is it a stand alone outlet ? what inspired you to do this program ?
You work as restaurant manager which is Food & Beverage related. Why do you wish to do a course in tourism management? How will it help you are a restaurant manager by learning tourism management which is more travel related ?
I said in my SOP after finishing my studies in Canada, i will come back to SriLanka . and planning to Join with my brother and start up a Small Eco Resort in my Hometown. I selected this program because of My place, i worked in Tour company also as a Reservation sales Agent. currently as a restaurant manager , its a alone outlet not with Hotel , also My hometown is famous for Toiurists attract places,people use to come here for Hike and camping from locals, also foriegners,

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I said in my SOP after finishing my studies in Canada, i will come back to SriLanka . and planning to Join with my brother and start up a Small Eco Resort in my Hometown. I selected this program because of My place, i worked in Tour company also as a Reservation sales Agent. currently as a restaurant manager , its a alone outlet not with Hotel , also My hometown is famous for Toiurists attract places,people use to come here for Hike and camping from locals, also foriegners,
Story line seems fine. You will just have to expand on this & articulate. My suggestion will be, use the modules of the program and expand on them in a brief. Try to interlink it with your future plan and how this course will help you establish the business. You can even throw in some statistics of what your plan is, how many rooms, what target markets you wish you achieve, what concept you have in mind & where you see is your struggle and the knowledge you wish to gain via this course.

VO are not experts in every field so sometimes a little technical display is required so they understand what you are signing up for and is not just a means to get in Canada.

Reactions: shopnodana91

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Story line seems fine. You will just have to expand on this & articulate. My suggestion will be, use the modules of the program and expand on them in a brief. Try to interlink it with your future plan and how this course will help you establish the business. You can even throw in some statistics of what your plan is, how many rooms, what target markets you wish you achieve, what concept you have in mind & where you see is your struggle and the knowledge you wish to gain via this course.

VO are not experts in every field so sometimes a little technical display is required so they understand what you are signing up for and is not just a means to get in Canada.
Okay Thank you for your reply. I will do as you said. i have done project for my advanced Diploma, an Eco resort Tree houses. shall i add that to my SOP ? I will try to get a plan for this. and Sri lanka is one of popular tourists destination among tourists. many multi national companies builidin there hotel like Shangri La, Sheraton, Marriot, movenpick etc. Shall i Include these details also.? Like not only my Business I can get Job oppurtunities from these organizations also?

and how to address this?
Purpose of your visit?

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
You're 31 years, going for a bachelor's after doing an advanced diploma. Now, is this your first bachelor's, or you have already done one before but trying to change your line of career?

googling the difference between ur advanced diploma and the bachelors you want to read, it came up with this; Hospitality management is a field that focuses on all aspects of hospitality operations including hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, amusement parks, country clubs, and convention centers while tourism management focuses on tourism development, management of the travel industry, tourism marketing, and tourism services.

Again, It is clear from this analysis that hospitality management focuses on just one aspect that is catering to the needs of guests in hotels, resorts, and hospitals, while tourism management is a broader term encompassing a range of activities that includes hospitality.

so, looking at both, it may look similar, but VO sees it differently in a way. That's why the VO stated that;
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history, because your experience and diploma is in hospitality management and not tourism management, so why the change
You have been able to trim the reason for rejection down to 2, so please don't rush to reapply again, instead, order for the GCSM note, to have a clearer view of VO comment, then you know how to tackle it well in your LOE.

All the best.

Reactions: asadsaifi