+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VR,Student Permit or Temp Residence Visa, which method is the best way for my son to extend his study permit and visa ?

tony_hwong

Jan 29, 2023
Hello, this is Tony and I just moved to Vancouver this year .Last November, my wife and my son entered Canada to start his Grade 8 course. My wife was on a visitor visa and my son was on a study visa. Upon entry, my son was given a study permit that also expires in this September, and my wife did not get her visit record.
This year, I flied to Canada on a student visa to study as a graduate student, and since the study duration is more than 12 month, I I have applied for a transfer to a public school for my son which will be expect to start in this September. My wife also applied SOWP soon and expected to get it soon, but my child's visa and permit will expire in September. I entered his case on Immigration website and was given two options, also given as apply Study Permit (in Canada) and TRV (Temp Residence Visa), I chose apply study permit (in Canada) and went to the next step, but he needed to provide the school's I chose apply study permit (in Canada) to go to the next step, but he needs to provide the name of the school he is attending and the offer of the school, and he will be transferring to a public school in September, but he doesn't know which school he is currently attending (because he needs to apply for cross-catchment), and he doesn't have an offer, only an application letter from the Department of Education, so if he still fills in the information of the school he is currently attending, is this Is this appropriate?

I have also consulted some friends and they suggested that I could apply for a vistor visa or a visitor record, but I don't think it's a good idea and the immigration website doesn't give these two options.
Great appreciate your professional advice and suggestion.